moving from primary to secondary

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bkvail

Reaction score
the wine store was out of the tubing/cane for racking wine into the carboy - can I just pour with a funnel if I'm careful, or will that cause problems? This is my first batch.......

I'm also contemplating about the size of the batch - it's only about 2 gallons, so I'd have to put it in two separate 1 gallon glass bottles - OR, I was thinking about putting a gallon of lemonade (plus a little sugar) in a 3 gallon carboy and putting the fermenting strawberry wine on top to make it hard strawberry lemonade - is that do-able?

For the tubing, what about the local hardware store; wouldn't suggest you go the funnel way.
If you go the 2 x 1 gallon route, just keep an eye on your headspace.
Your idea with the lemonade is do-able as long as there's no preservative in the lomonade.

thanks, I'll be headed to the HW store today - will have to think of how to keep it off the bottom of the bucket so I don't suck up the sediment too.........

Back