• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

For Sale: set of 4 ball lock kegs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NebraskaBrewer

Reaction score
Set of 4 ball lock kegs for sale. They have fresh food safe blue "O" rings. They could use a little cleaning. entertaining offers.

Keg 1.jpg

keg 2.jpg

keg 3.jpg

keg 4.jpg

Those are with out a doubt the ugliest kegs I have ever seen. I can't even imagine the amount of chemicals that have been disbursed through them. This post should be removed

I read some of your previous posts and you seem like a reasonable guy and not a troll. At least you posted pictures so someone could see what the kegs looked like. And for that I commend you...I want to understand though..... would you use any of these kegs for your own homebrew? If not why would you post these for sale on a homebrew forum?

You can't be serious, anyone would be a fool to put something food related in there.

_

This is hysterical and for those that say "this should be removed" and " why would you put these for sale." get a sense of humor and learn how to laugh. Obviously nobody would buy these for homebrew.

I hope no one is actually going to buy these...

But seriously, what were these used for? Motor oil? Or pesticides as someone else suggested? Definitely not safe to drink from.

I wonder if this is how they arrive to the homebrewing online vendors before they clean them up and resell them. Scary to think.

I dont understand why these wouldn't be safe if cleaned properly?

I mean, stainless is inert, right? I would assume that if you replaced all non metallic parts on the inside, probably a new pressure release valve (probably just a new lid), and cleaned them really well these would be fine.

Are they worth a little money + shipping? Not unless your time is virtually worthless, but if I found them in a junk yard, I might try to make them useable again.

HHP said:
I dont understand why these wouldn't be safe if cleaned properly?

I mean, stainless is inert, right? I would assume that if you replaced all non metallic parts on the inside, probably a new pressure release valve (probably just a new lid), and cleaned them really well these would be fine.

Are they worth a little money + shipping? Not unless your time is virtually worthless, but if I found them in a junk yard, I might try to make them useable again.

This. My offer of 10.00 each was genuine and still stands

Looks like these were used as toilets! :drunk: I had brews that tasted like ass, but never actually contained ass. These would be perfected for my infected batch! :rockin: I might be interested.

I am unemployed in the summer. I'd take the challenge of cleaning these. I don't know if I'd use them for homebrew, but it'd be a fun challenge. Replace all possible parts, and clean the heck outta them. It'd be fun when bored outta mind. I go to Omaha a ton too, lol

Yes, it was a joke, gotta admit I'm surprised by all the comments who took it seriously. Thanks to those of you who got the joke and enjoyed a laugh or two.

So I was at the drags last week and saw they were using soda kegs as a vessel for their VHT traction compound spray rig. Seemed to work well for the application, even with all the gunk. The track manager saw me shooting the photo's and asked me what the hell I was doing. I think he thought I was with with the EPA or something.

It is scary to think what some of the used kegs out there may have been used for in their life.

Tim

I just had my carpets cleaned and guess what the guy used to spray the cemicals? Yep, a corney keg. I'm sure that they could washed up but I don't think I could ever be sure I wasn't poisoning someone.

Latest posts

Back