What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Friend came over with some Southern Tier 2X "Uncommon" Steam. Like all of their brews, I find it totally pedestrian in the craft brew constellation, and this one has a weird off flavor I can't place (almost like there's some mint in there).

I only buy beer when I'm in a bar or restaurant. Stuff like this reminds me why...

Cheers!

image-887216945.jpg

4 year old bottle of all grain Cream Ale. I found it in my empty bottle stash. Cant believe how good it is!!

Bottle of Magic Rock Strongman barleywine. Very nice (if hugely expensive - but that's not Magic Rock's fault.)

ForumRunner_20130914_225927.jpg

Firestone Walker Double Jack

Only my third beer from them and damn it's good. Had their DBA yesterday, didn't think it was nearly as good as this and the Union Jack.

image-2742874729.jpg

CCB Good Gourd. I don't really care for pumpkin beers, but I had to pick this one up because the manager told me there was a 1 bottle limit. 100 cases of Pumking on the floor, and this pumpkin beer had a bottle limit. All I can say is wow! Amazing beer, even if it is a pumpkin ale.

mcbaumannerb said:
Remmy's Bride of Chucky. Good pumpkin ale - but I'd like a little more spice ;)

Totally agree with that! I said the same thing. This was my first. My next pumpkin will arrive at your doorstep for sure.

Remmy said:
Totally agree with that! I said the same thing. This was my first. My next pumpkin will arrive at your doorstep for sure.

I'm two years in and haven't dialed it in yet. My spices weren't too far off, but the vanilla was too faint. To next year! :mug:

Lagunitas Maximus Ale. Best beer out there, or perhaps their Little Sumpin' Sumpin. I can't decide. Picked up a 6 pack for the Ohio State game and at 8.2% ABV I'm ready for a night.

mcbaumannerb said:
A beautiful sight no matter who's bottle it is(was)!

The 2005 spec brew was so much better, but snr will catch up no doubt.

mcbaumannerb said:
I'm two years in and haven't dialed it in yet. My spices weren't too far off, but the vanilla was too faint. To next year! :mug:

I added a tad of vanilla to mine. Just gotta go heavier on the spices. (Maybe double the amount).

Success! This is my New Year's Barleywine, so named because it was brewed on New Year's Day this year and has been bulk conditioning since the end of fermentation. Wasn't sure if there would be enough yeast left to carbonate, but there was plenty. It still needs to carb up a bit more and it's got a bit of alcohol heat, but it's good.

20130914_190600.jpg

Jamils Evil Twin dry hopped with simcoe (1 oz for a 1 gal batch). It's nowhere near clear, but it's damn tasty.

ForumRunner_20130914_174424.jpg

Back