Need help with a "Tasting" list of beers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FxdGrMind

Reaction score
Ok, I'm having some neighbors over (year 2) for a Brew day and Pizza party.

I'd like to do a "Tasting" session for the guy's (showing up early for brewing session, before the wifes show up for the Zaa).

What should I get? Recomendations for my list? I'm thinking a variety, sort of what you might get as a "Sampler" in a brew pub.

Cheers :mug:

There are all different themes you could do for the tasting:
- Different variations of one style, e.g. Irish Stouts, Milk Stouts, etc.
- Samples of all different styles: pale ales, stouts, porters, ipas, belgians
- Compare multiple beers from one brewery and see what people like the best
- Do a local tasting that only includes beers from your area (I like this one, but maybe I'm just a hippie)

That should give you some ideas. Have fun.

There are all different themes you could do for the tasting:
- Different variations of one style, e.g. Irish Stouts, Milk Stouts, etc.
- Samples of all different styles: pale ales, stouts, porters, ipas, belgians
- Compare multiple beers from one brewery and see what people like the best
- Do a local tasting that only includes beers from your area (I like this one, but maybe I'm just a hippie)

That should give you some ideas. Have fun.

+1 to these suggestions. Another one you could try is different beers from different countries, i.e., One from England, Germany, U.S., Canada, Mexico, Jamaica, Czechoslovakia (SP?), Belgium, Italy, Australia... (ok, I could go on and on).

What style are you brewing that day? I would try to tie the tasting to that style, so that you can discuss the history, ingredients, recipe formulation, etc.

I am brewing a Belgian tripple.

So if I go with that as the "Taste testing" synergy... What are some Belgians that are available?

Anyone care to add their favorite to the list of beers I need to find a source for?

Here are some good tripels to search for:

Allagash Tripel Reserve
Westmalle Trappist Tripel
Chimay Tripel (White)
St. Bernardus Tripel
La Fin Du Monde

Back