Cream Soda Prototype Recipe...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EFaden

Reaction score
So after combining some recipes I have found online I tried a 2 liter batch with

• 2 Cups Sugar
  • 1 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract
  • 1/4 Teaspoon Almond Extract
  • 1 Teaspoon Lemon Juice
  • 1 Vanilla Bean

Process is as follows. Boil the sugar + 1/4 Cup H2O until it gets to the caramel state (320F to 340F). This adds a ton of flavor and color. Once it hits this stage and has a nice brown color I added 2 cups of hot water carefully (it will sputter). Then bring the mixture back to a boil for a few minutes just to make sure it is all dissolved. Take it off the burner and add the vanilla bean (split and scraped). Wait about an hour and then add the lemon juice, almond extract, and vanilla extracts. Moved to the two liter bottle and topped with water. Carbonated to 30 PSI.

It is pretty good, but I think it needs a bit more vanilla and a bit less sugar. I think I put 1 Teaspoon of vanilla vs 1 tablespoon by mistake.

I am going to make another batch of this once I finish drinking this one. It has a very good flavor....

The other thing I have seen used is cinnamon bark...

More to come later.

As a side note, I didn't strain out the vanilla caviar because I don't mind it... but you can strain it out pretty easily.

-Eric

Back