Ruination IPA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
can't get the Ruination IPA here. bummer hu? all we can get is the Arrogant Bastard and the regular IPA.
where in TX you from?

oh well, you'll just have to drink the Live Oak Liberation Ale! pretty good, hoppy brew.
too bad i can't get that here either :~(

I've got a bottle of Double Bastard in the fridge now. I've never tried it before, but the Arrogant Bastard was mighty tasty. But at 10% ABV, I've got to plan the 22 oz. carefully :drunk:

I could send you a bottle? One of each, the Ruination and the Double Bastard. And some homebrew for good measure?

The 22 oz. Bottles of Ruination and Double Bastard are $4.49 each plus tax, which is 8.25% in LA county. I'll have to check to see what shipping is for UPS.

cool! just let me know. maybe we can swap some Texas brew's for those? i don't bottle so i'll have to sse how much it is to ship a keg...... ;~)

What's good out there in Texas? It's hard to find anything that's not west coast here. About the only thing east of here I can find is fat tire. Also, I tried the Double Bastard last night. I'ts good, but very strong. It's basically a bold barley wine with a deep ruby color. Even though the IBU's are around 100, the high gravity gives it a sweetness that still comes through.
My office ships UPS so I'll check the cost today to see how much it is to ship to Texas.

Checked UPS using the online estimate:
UPS Ground
Torrance, CA 90501 to Nederland, TX 77627
6 lbs.
4 Days $8.84

well, Real Ale Brewing Company beers would be my choice to ship. there nothing big or high ABV (iother than than Sisyphus barleywine, but it's hard to find). www.realalebrewing.com. Saint Arnold's is a micro in Houston that just came out with their seasonal winter stout.
what style;s do you prefer? brown's, ipa's, etc.?

I'm becoming more of a fan of IPA's but I'm game for just about anything. I picked up a bottle of Ruination for you last night. I couldn't find the Double Bastard at the one store I was at, they were probably all out. I'll check another place to see if they have it. I'll post by the end of the day of what I have. I'll try to make it about $20 including shipping, unless there's anything else you want to add. Send me a private message with the correct shipping address and I'll try to get it out tomorrow.

I just tried the Ruination IPA and I have to say that I really enjoyed it. Nice and hoppy, but not too bitter. And the malt still comes through. Fairly balanced for a brew that big. At 7.7% ABV for 22 oz. this post almost belongs in the Drunken Ramblings catagory.:drunk:

I've had a couple of Stone's brews before on a trip to SD a long time ago but I tried Ruination for the first time over xmas holiday. Bridgeport has been my favorite commercially produced IPA for many years now so don't tell them I said this but . . . we may have a challenger here. I'll have to try it a couple more times before I make it official - but it was THAT good.

I was a little pissed because I bought a 22 of that stuff to try - put it in my wife's parents fridge - stepped out of the house for 5 friggin minutes to buy a bunch of other beer for soon to arrive guests with my own money - and when I get back some family member had shown up and pirated half of my beer. I coulda hung the bast**d right there. Not that I'm stingy but I drove a long way to a specialty store to find it and here some bud swilling chump who didn't even appreciate what he had in his glass shows up and takes it with no regard for who the owner is! C'mon people! We're trying to run a civilized friggin' society here! Don't drink beer that wasn't offered to you!!!!!!!:mad:

I'll get over it someday . . .

AHU

AllHoppedUp said:
I've had a couple of Stone's brews before on a trip to SD a long time ago but I tried Ruination for the first time over xmas holiday. Bridgeport has been my favorite commercially produced IPA for many years now so don't tell them I said this but . . . we may have a challenger here. I'll have to try it a couple more times before I make it official - but it was THAT good.

I was a little pissed because I bought a 22 of that stuff to try - put it in my wife's parents fridge - stepped out of the house for 5 friggin minutes to buy a bunch of other beer for soon to arrive guests with my own money - and when I get back some family member had shown up and pirated half of my beer. I coulda hung the bast**d right there. Not that I'm stingy but I drove a long way to a specialty store to find it and here some bud swilling chump who didn't even appreciate what he had in his glass shows up and takes it with no regard for who the owner is! C'mon people! We're trying to run a civilized friggin' society here! Don't drink beer that wasn't offered to you!!!!!!!:mad:

I'll get over it someday . . .

AHU

as we here Texas like to say...." get a rope...."

Back