Any experience with Sharp TVs?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WhineinAlbany

Reaction score
I'm looking through leaked black friday ads and there's a couple 60" Sharp LCD TVs. There's one at Best Buy for $799 and another at BJ's for $899.
I'm only going for the Best Buy if it's available online (it's a non-doorbuster, so maybe).

Anyone have a Sharp? How is it?

If you must have one that large i would only recommend samsung or panasonic. I could explain why for hours but i cant type that fast. I would consider a plasma if you want a tv larger than 55" because of the refresh rate can be noticed even at 240hz on a lcd ifyou watch fast action. a plasma has 600hz min processor for black levels better known as contrast. The best bang for any buck right now is a samsung 51" plasma $699 at Costco here on the west coast. But if you must have the lastest and greatest i would consider panasonic 65" but there 4 grand plus. The top three tv's for the least amount of failures in the first year are in order as.

Panasonic
Samsung
Sony
Toshiba
Cnet is a good source for reviews. I wouldnt buy a Sharp but if you do buy it from a retailer that will take it back no questions asked.

Back