Craigslist Find

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Y aknow what would be a cool tool: a homebrewer's craiglist tool. Basically a site that does the searching for you and only displays those items that fit the criteria of 'stuff a homebrewer would want for his hobby'

Kinda like listpic--- they only display craigslist items that have pictures. http://www.listpic.com/about.html

that would be REALLY helpful kornkob.

I've never used CL until starting this hobby, and I never seem to look in the right place for stuff, nor have I mastered the search feature.

That immersion cooler and brewpot will arrive JUST in time for this weekend's AG session.

homebrewer_99 said:
I hear you there...I can never find anything HB related on CL.

What do you search for? There's no HB thread...

I usually search

beer
homebrew
keg
restaurant (looking for an old SS sink)

Hey Bill...

We put two cases of those brown bottles to GOOD use this weekend, bottling our stout! :D

I've searched things like carboy, keg, Corny, beer, brewing, etc... to varying degrees of success.

incidentally, I found a guy around here (Lake County) who's selling Corny's for $24 a pop, or $20 for 4 or more. If anyone wants the link, let me know :D

I just missed it.

You the man, ill.litterate

Ah, well. I could have used the chiller too. Heh, no big deal.

Gedvondur

There have been several attempts at automating a cross country CL search but the owners always pull a legal on them. They say it violates the local community vibe they're going for. Wow, too bad. I mean, what about items people are willing to ship?

Bobby_M said:
There have been several attempts at automating a cross country CL search but the owners always pull a legal on them. They say it violates the local community vibe they're going for. Wow, too bad. I mean, what about items people are willing to ship?

Use eBay. I think that CL doesn't want a reputation for scammers. eBay's had a lot of scammer problems in it's history.

Fact: Did you know that eBay was started by the husband of a woman who wanted to sell Pez dispensers?

kornkob said:
Y aknow what would be a cool tool: a homebrewer's craiglist tool. Basically a site that does the searching for you and only displays those items that fit the criteria of 'stuff a homebrewer would want for his hobby'

Kinda like listpic--- they only display craigslist items that have pictures. http://www.listpic.com/about.html

You can use an rss feed. There's an rss link on every search.

OK, thanks for the leads...I'll have to write them down...

Jason: I'm glad the bottles are being put to good use (and I have more storage room). I don't recall telling you your porter was really good. :D

Wife mentioned knocking out two walls for a corner bar...maybe I should start that instead of tiling the basement floor...nah, she'd get PO'd for sure...:D ;)

Cheesefood said:
Fact: Did you know that eBay was started by the husband of a woman who wanted to sell Pez dispensers?

As the husband of a lifelong Pez-head, I make liberal use of the Pez search function on eBay :D

Bobby_M said:

The tool I'm thinking of doesn't have to be 'cross country'--- I'm just thinking of a way to automate the searches so I don't have to run each of several search terms in order to check for the things I want.

Perhaps RSS feed is the way to go-- I'll have to look into that and see if I can make something up for you guys.

ill.literate said:
Gotta keep SWMBO happy Bill.

If the wife's happy, EVERYONE is happy :D
It's just the two of us so I can't blame a damn thing on the dog...OK, I can, but she won't believe me...:confused:

I got my cornies for $12 each...of course I purchased 25 of them! I have 4 filled at the moment...more to follow.:D

Dang i never thought to look on their. Just searched and found a guy selling kegs for 17 bucks. The all look pretty nice. This is in the dallas area if anyone is interested.

Bobby_M said:

I wouldn't mind if they would just let you search by state. While I live on one side of my state, I have friends on the other side, and they're quite capable of picking anything up I wish to purchase.

Ive used the guy indallas , hes actually in irving. Nice guy ,likes to talk about homebrew. kegs for 17.00

Cheesefood said:
http://chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/art/293173755.html

Not a bad deal for any Illinois noobs looking to upgrade.

Finally tally :
1- 10 gallon stainless steel brew pot
1 copper wort chiller with tubes and hook up
1 turkey fryer burner
2 glass carboys
at least three cases of empty bottles
assorted odds and ends including tubes, airlocks, carboy caps, brushes, large plastic spoon, two handed capper, etc

The stainless steel pot, akin to the 40 quart Megapot from Northern Brewer that sells for $110, made this deal completely worth it.

Thanks again Cheese :)

ill.literate said:
Finally tally :
1- 10 gallon stainless steel brew pot
1 copper wort chiller with tubes and hook up
1 turkey fryer burner
2 glass carboys
at least three cases of empty bottles
assorted odds and ends including tubes, airlocks, carboy caps, brushes, large plastic spoon, two handed capper, etc

The stainless steel pot, akin to the 40 quart Megapot from Northern Brewer that sells for $110, made this deal completely worth it.

Thanks again Cheese :)
Glad it went to a good home. Sounded like an awesome deal. I'm jealous that I paid so much more.

homebrewer_99 said:
Trivia question: What does PEZ stand for (meaning)?

It's from the German for Peppermint- Pfefferminz.

I cheated, but honestly coming from you I figured it had to be something German.:D

Back