Halfway through first mash in first double batch brewday!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EuBrew

Reaction score
Well here goes nothin!! I'm doing a clone of the Boulevard Singlewide IPA that I came up with a little help from Craig at Boulevard. The IPA is a little over 1/2 way through the mash. I'm interested to see if using 5.2 increases my eff as this is my first time using it.

When that's done I'm moving on to the Boulevard Pale Ale clone from AHS.
I'll post results when I get time.

I was going to try and pull off a double batch today as well, but feel way to crappy to do so, so I'm just doing one. Happy brewing!

Holy crap, first wort runnings 1.090! Small steps, but this is way higher than I've gotten in my previous 3 batches. Kettle on the flame waiting for the boil and for the second runnings to cool to check, just remembered, need to get sample for preboil.

First batch in the primary with 78% efficiency at 6 gallon volume, what's even better is I only planned on 5 gallon when I designed the recipe. First run of 5.2 seems to be awesome, now let's see if I can repeat it on the second. The crush on the second is a little suspect, came from a different vendor but it's not bad, just doesn't look as good as the first. Comparison time:D

Back