Funny things you've overheard about beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was doing something with a new employee at work the other day. We got to talking about beer and how just about everyone there drinks light beer. Nati-light is a particular favorite. Anyway, he tells me he doesn't drink that light ****. He drinks dark beer. BUSCH HEAVY.
I just told him that light beer has so few calories because it has less alcohol and left it at that. Nothing more I could say could possibly go over well.

I was doing something with a new employee at work the other day. We got to talking about beer and how just about everyone there drinks light beer. Nati-light is a particular favorite. Anyway, he tells me he doesn't drink that light ****. He drinks dark beer. BUSCH HEAVY.
I just told him that light beer has so few calories because it has less alcohol and left it at that. Nothing more I could say could possibly go over well.

Very diplomatic of you. It being a new employee and all... you can work on his beer education over the next few months!

Very diplomatic of you. It being a new employee and all... you can work on his beer education over the next few months!

Ya, have to be polite. After quizzing him on what beer he had tried before (BMC), I took out a guy who "didn't like beer" for a couple sampler flights of all the major styles at a good craft beer bar. Now he likes beer, except "that flavorless stuff" (BMC)

Ya, have to be polite. After quizzing him on what beer he had tried before (BMC), I took out a guy who "didn't like beer" for a couple sampler flights of all the major styles at a good craft beer bar. Now he likes beer, except "that flavorless stuff" (BMC)

I have covered several people to IPAS of all things.

"Listen, I told you that was an accident. Sorry again my friend."

09563c0cf0d89b43a638cdc8d8145b51.jpg

Thanks, I needed that laugh. Literally LOL'd.

ABInBev's description of Hoegaarden:

[Hoegaarden] has a unique and extremely complex brewing process whereby the brand is first top fermented and then is refermented within the bottle - ending up in a unique cloudy-white appearance.

Maybe it's just a unique and extremely complex process compared to most AB-InBev products...? :drunk:

ABInBev's description of Hoegaarden:

[Hoegaarden] has a unique and extremely complex brewing process whereby the brand is first top fermented and then is refermented within the bottle - ending up in a unique cloudy-white appearance.

Maybe it's just a unique and extremely complex process compared to most AB-InBev products...? :drunk:

"Wait wait wait, so when do we add the rice...?" :drunk:

Triple hopped is using 3 different verities of hops right? :D
:mug:

Didn't you get the memo? You have to use the same hop pellets three times.

I think it goes like this:

Hop addition in a bag.

wait.

remove bag, rinse.

re-add bag

remove bag, rinse.

Add bag again. Congratulations! You've just triple hopped.

Didn't you get the memo? You have to use the same hop pellets three times.

I think it goes like this:

Hop addition in a bag.

wait.

remove bag, rinse.

re-add bag

remove bag, rinse.

Add bag again. Congratulations! You've just triple hopped.

that's exactly how I tea bag my Scrote-ish Ale!

Lol
Yeah the beer is not an editable field. I really love the year designation for beers (hoppy styles) the recipe never changes and not something that should be aged.

I was at the local brewery yesterday with my girlfriend and two of our friends. We arrived five minutes later than they did and they had already ordered their beers. Looked over at one of our friends beer and asked what he ordered, he replied a pale ale. This beer was at least 16 srm, so I said no way can I have a taste. Yup it was their red and in no way a pale ale. Shortly after our waiter came over and I pointed it out that they served the wrong beer, his response was priceless.."I think its darker because the brewers changed the hops". Left that one alone because is was so bad it was beautiful.

I'll take a little horse blanket in a saison any day.

What is horse blanket? I still don't know what that is describing or what it tastes or smells like. I kinda understand what is meant by barnyard funk as that's pretty broad. Horse blanket on the other hand is a very specific description. Do you mean horse sweat? Horse ****?

What is horse blanket? I still don't know what that is describing or what it tastes or smells like. I kinda understand what is meant by barnyard funk as that's pretty broad. Horse blanket on the other hand is a very specific description. Do you mean horse sweat? Horse ****?

I've heard the "horse blanket" beers are brewed with bits of real horses, so you know they're good.

Well, for those that are familiar with that smell, it's probably a great alliteration. For those who aren't, but understand the flavor/aroma, it can be an identifying characteristic, as well. You might not know exactly what horse blanket smells/tastes like, but you understand THIS specific aroma/characteristic to a part of common lexicon and ergo it becomes part of your lexicon.

Just my thoughts.

Thank you for saving an hour or so of my life! I had that cued up for this week....

I thought that documentary was awesome. It actually appeared on Netflix a year or so ago and was on the same time I was taking BJCP classes. It was well done, you should definitely check it out.

Horse blanket probably stuck because brett beers do have a slightly "funky" nose, but it is NOT unpleasant, just as a new horse blanket on a slightly sweaty horse is not unpleasant. But it sure doesn't sound very appetizing.

I'm always a little leery of tasting notes, it's not an exact science and the same beer does not taste the same for everyone.

Back