Brewed too much beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goodwood

Reaction score
Short question: can I carbonate and store keg unrefridgerated?

We brewed 5 beers for a competition and failed to realize we can only have 3 kegs on tap. Can we carb up 2 and save them outside the kegerator for when we bottle? We would have to bring down to chill temp to bottle. I was thinking of carbing the cornys and storing them in the basement until we need them to bottle.

You can prime and carb them outside the fridge, fo sho...but I would think bottling at that point would be tough. You could always hook them up to some gas later and serve after carbed. I do this as often as possible actually rather than force carbing.

Well we are bottle from keg with the beer gun. We have another co2 tank and I think we are going to use a old fridge to do the trick. Problem solved. We need to make a keezer so this doesn't happen

there is no problem with storing a carbonated keg (or uncarbonated for that matter) at room temperature for a while.

does a bottle of commercial beer go bad if you leave it out on the counter, unopened?

I usually brew 7.5 gal batches and keg 3 2.5 corneys. One goes in the fridge and I put about 20 psi on the other two and store in my fermenting area under the stairs (it's about 5 degrees cooler than the rest of the house) until ready to put in the fridge and carb. Sometimes they'll store for months.

Back