Sanyo Conversion once again

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thlabse

Reaction score
I am converting a Sanyo refrigerator like the one that has been done by many on this forum. My question is I want to go out the back not top. has anyone tried this? Would like to be near the top middle.

I'm tryin to understand this. You want the tap to come out of the back of the fridge not the top of it? I'm not sure how this would work with the coils back there and how are you going about serving the beer from the back?

Thsi unit will be under the counter and I have a old bar top with cut out for a tap. Wanted tto route the hose out the back, thru the wall and up to the tap. If I had to could route thur the left side. If I am forced to go thru the top I will have to drop the frig down as far as possible then have a bit of sharp 90 degree bend. The hole for the tap site right on edge of the wall. Maybe a picture would help. Just do not want a hole inthe middle of the counter top.

Sanyo 4910 / 4911 / 4912? Do NOT drill through the side of the refer.
How many tap lines are you going to run? There is a spot on the back where you can drill through. (Upper left when viewing from the front of the unit)

This is the 4912 unit. Upper left when viewing from the front would be perfect as the tap is on the left side of the refrigerator. So that being said how far from the edges on the upper/left side.

This is the 4912 unit. Upper left when viewing from the front would be perfect as the tap is on the left side of the refrigerator. So that being said how far from the edges on the upper/left side.

Here are a couple of pictures to illustrate the placement of 2 lines:

Sanyo-LinesOutside.jpg

Sanyo-LinesInside.jpg

The lines go through grommets that were placed in the holes in the metal back plate. The inside image should give you a good idea for judging the placement of your line.

Hope this helps.

Back