South Jersey/Philly/Delaware Group buy!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just sent everyone a PM with payment details and your order.
Thanks for confirming so quickly! For those of you who didn't make it on this order, dont worry, i plan on doing this again every couple of months! and if anyone decides to start another group buy before that, please keep me in mind for a few bags!

As soon as i receive payment from everyone, everything will be ordered. The shipping location is open Monday-Friday.... what days are best for everyone? If we can all meet up at the same time or if a few of you are planning to pick up and haul for other members, that would be best. if anyone cant make it on delivery day, i might be able to hold some bags with me but not that many.... the wife will have my head!

Last thing.... everyone who ordered hops, please let me know if you want whole or pellets!

I apologize for not being more active the past 2 days, its been insane at work!

I will take pellets for my hop order.

I just averaged out my grain per pound price for all the different types i am getting and it is at $.62. That is almost 50% off for 2row alone. This is my first group buy and I am a big fan.

My Payment has been sent via PayPal. If the pickup can be scheduled for a Thursday or Friday sethga should be able to be there to pick up my stuff. If it needs to be Monday - Wednesday I probably won't be able to be there until after 5.

Please let me know who specifically would like me to haul to West Chester for closer pickup so I can plan out what vehicle we need to haul everything.

The pick up will be at night (after 6) since most of us work during the day. The pickup spot is 24hours Mon-Thurs and up to 11pm on Friday.

I don't know about you guys but ive already compiled 2 new recipes for this grain! It's going to be delicious times ahead!

As long as we get all the money in fast, i'd say a week or 2? It really all depends on the money (checks clearing, paypal transfer).

Very Nice 5/9 Paid already. At this rate I might be able to brew with this grain in January!

If this continues to go smoothly, we may want to make this perpetual and paypal only to speed things up. It would be really nice to have a continual source of bulk grain coming in.

If this continues to go smoothly, we may want to make this perpetual and paypal only to speed things up. It would be really nice to have a continual source of bulk grain coming in.

I agree! We should do this maybe every 2-3 months.
Do 1 or maybe even 2 pallets next time. That way, everyone who only grabs a few bags can order everytime and the people who buy a lot of bags can jump in every other order... a nice constant flow of grain!

I dropped myself from 3 bags to 1 bag early on because I wanted some hops too so I'm sure I'll blow through 1 bag very quickly!

Yeah being able to jump into a buy every couple of months would be great!

wow, that was quick. I just did a big buy with the guys from MD, but my bother in law wants a few bags if this turns perpetual

I just posted payment via paypal.

if its not too late I want to change hops to pellet... I do not have room for the whole hops as requested. If not no big deal

Also, I will not be able to pick up 26-30 any other day is fine for me.

Glad this buy is working out very well for you guys in our area. I will jump in on these future buys, full pantry right now, with some big brews coming up.

One suggestion if I may.. For the person that does the collections and ordering for the buy, Maybe you guys should throw a bone that way for some incentive. It will get others to take the reins on some buys. Maybe a sack of 2 row or a scoop of malt out of each bag, or some hops, or whatever. There is a lot that goes on behind the scenes organizing these buys. Trust me!

One suggestion if I may.. For the person that does the collections and ordering for the buy, Maybe you guys should throw a bone that way for some incentive. It will get others to take the reins on some buys. Maybe a sack of 2 row or a scoop of malt out of each bag, or some hops, or whatever. There is a lot that goes on behind the scenes organizing these buys. Trust me!

Thanks OLDBREW... its really not necessary though... don't get me wrong, i wouldn't turn in down but there really is no need to thank me. It hasn't been any trouble. I enjoyed the chance to help fellow brewers :mug:

that sounds like a very good idea...

i am very intersted in doing this every 2-3 months. i think if we become this regular it would be easier to get people to jump into some sack splitting of the speciality stuff (chocolate, C-malts, ect)

cant save too much money these days!

It's not just about you, it would get others to start another buy right away.

2 row is only about 26-28 bucks, so if you divide that into 41 it cost another 65-70 cents per sack. Still a great deal on base malt.

Edit: Sorry! That didn't come out right, especially with you starting the whole deal.
What I meant was maybe it would keep you running this as a continuous flow order instead of waiting every two months to start another. There are about six or seven sacks that could start the next order now.

Again, sorry for my wordage if it sounded cold

picked up a money order today. will put it into the mail, in jersey, first thing wednesday. thanks for putting this together.

No worries... I understand what you're saying. It does sound like a good thing to get someone to start up another buy very soon. I will start up another one if no one else does before I run out of grain... I did end up only getting one sack this time around. If someone does start one up before me, keep me in mind for a few sacks!

Ty, thanks for the update. The other two people have money in the mail so it looks like we should be all paid up on Friday! As long as everything comes in and clears, I should be able to place the order Friday/Monday!

Everything is looking good at this point!

Ty, thanks for the update. The other two people have money in the mail so it looks like we should be all paid up on Friday! As long as everything comes in and clears, I should be able to place the order Friday/Monday!

Everything is looking good at this point!

Sounds good. Just sent Payment.

As mentioned before, I'd take two or three sacks as well, atleast. Wish I would have caught this in time as I need some base grains now.
tom

With all this interest for another buy, I think I'll start another one up at the end of Feb, begining of March. I know I'll be in for a few sacks myself and a few pounds of hops.

Everyone's payment has been received! So now I'm just waiting on Paypal to transfer so I can place the order.

I'm going to shoot for the end of the week for delivery but if its not possible, we are looking at like Monday or Tuesday of the following week.

I'll keep everyone posted!

I just wanted to take a second to thank everyone involved for making this easy for me. I look forward to setting up the next one!

Back