Template

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Depends on what you mean by template. Are you lookinf for just sizing parameters or looking for a background that you can type text into?

jackmoe said:
Depends on what you mean by template. Are you lookinf for just sizing parameters or looking for a background that you can type text into?
sizes would work for me... and different sizes too!

I usually buy the Avery labels at the local office supply store. There are tons of different sizes. Choose the one you want and make your label picture to the proper size in your image program. MS Word and most other word processors have label tamplates coresponding to the Avery label number, so you just open the template and insert your label graphic.
I hope that's what you were asking...

Cheyco-

Isn't it a PITA to get the Avery lables off?

I must be cheap and lazy I use regular computer paper and a glue stick. Get about 9 lables a page and I haven't finished a glue stick yet just got around the outside edges (no glue in the middle). They come off really easy too.

;)

Cheyco said:
I usually buy the Avery labels at the local office supply store. There are tons of different sizes. Choose the one you want and make your label picture to the proper size in your image program. MS Word and most other word processors have label tamplates coresponding to the Avery label number, so you just open the template and insert your label graphic.
I hope that's what you were asking...

DeejayDebi said:
Cheyco-

Isn't it a PITA to get the Avery lables off?

I must be cheap and lazy I use regular computer paper and a glue stick. Get about 9 lables a page and I haven't finished a glue stick yet just got around the outside edges (no glue in the middle). They come off really easy too.

;)
I use the Avery labels as well. When it's time to take them off, I just soak them in a big tub of hot water and a scoop of Oxyclean. Then I peel off the label and give the residue a quick pass with a scratch pad.

I usually let them get about three layers thick before I go for 'de-labeling day.' It doesn't seem to be any slower that way. I do a thorough clean of the inside as soon as I pour, then sanitize when I bottle. Works great. I always have a few virgin bottles around for giving away to keep up appearances ;)

That and my father was killed by a glue-stick. It still hurts to talk about it... ,'/

Back