Busy Day?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pappers_

Moderator Emeritus
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Happy Sunday everyone. So here's what's on the schedule today:

1. make breakfast for my boys and a houseguest (an 18 year old here in Chicago from Ciudad Juarez for a few months, escaping some of the violence there)

2. get everyone to church

3. after church, i give a 12 year old boy from the church a guitar lesson - today, we're going to take a look at Ring of Fire and You Are My Sunshine

4. tested my latest cider last night and its carbonated and ready to go, so I must pasteurize it today

5. take our houseguest back to his mom and family on Chicago's northside

6. go to an all-city Shape Note singing from 4 - 6 pm http://fasola.org/

Looks like it will be a busy day here - what's up for you?

My day is going to be quiet and laid back today. Not that I'm a little hungover after yesterday's party or anything (where is my Motrin?)!

After church, we're going out to look for ripe chokecherries and pick them. We'll take the pickup and cruise some of our favorite backroads and bring our buckets. We'll also pick a few blackberries for wine, too, I'm sure.

I imagine I'll see my daughter and grandson today later on. Just holding Quinn and looking at him can make my day.

We were going to take a pontoon boat ride, but the weather is a bit windy and cool today for the first time in weeks.

All in all, a very quiet Sunday.

El Hubbo made breakfast...bagels and a schmear. Delicious coffee. Now I am downloading "One Toke Over the Line" and procrastinating.

Next up for me is to finish up a presentation I am doing for the pediatric residents at their critical care case conference next week.

After that I have corralled El Hubbo into helping me re-arrange some of the kitchen cabinents so as to make them actually useful. This is one of those things that has been driving me secretly crazy for over a year, and requires a cooperative team effort, since we both use the kitchen equally but have VERY different notions of how things should be organized.

Next will be to construct a basil and fresh mozzarella pasta salad for a picnic later this afternoon.

Full day, but a good day!

I'm a morning brewer. Woke up early, a few cups of home-roasted coffee... now I'm waiting for my IPA to start boiling. Using the Brew-in-a-bag technique for all-grain. Actually hitting everything on target so far: strike temps, pre-boil gravity, etc. Listening to some Blitzen Trapper at the moment (latest album is excellent). Wife took my 3-year-old out for a haircut and some shopping. It's a great Sunday morning! I feel like I'm in my kind of church, ha.

Pappers: I really respect that you took in a houseguest from Juarez, that's truly a great thing you're doing. I'm far-removed from the border, but the violence there is absolutely mind-numbing. (And I'm just reading the news, not living it).

Bosun, he was just with us this weekend - he, his mother and sister are in chicago on a six month visa. She works for a human rights organization there, which my organization partners with, and her colleague was murdered, she was abducted but released.

busy day alright for me. wife's sister and her kids in town this weekend for iowa state fair. my wife and my 2 daughters, plus my sister-in-law and her 3 daughters at my house. 8 people at my house and all but i are females. please help!:)

Quiet day for me. Too flaming hot to work outside and I'm more or less caught up inside.

Started Carnitas, made chili verde, going to the farmers market for more green chilis and veggies. Having folks over to watch the preseason Bronco's game. And.. getting ready to go back to work after 2 weeks off, and a week in Cozumel.

Brewed yesterday, modified your Dead Guy clone Yooper. Used Colorado grown and malted 2 row for the base malt. Should be an interesting brew.

Brew Club meeting today, can't wait! Gave the wife what she wanted to make her happy... ;) ,cleaned some kegs, packed the beer I'm bringing (it's a tasting meeting, we alternate), weighed out some wheat my friend asked for, and now I'm eating and relaxing until its time to leave.

Went to the outlet malls with the wife yesterday. After wards I went to pick up lumber to finally start framing the bar :ban: But the selection was junk and there won't be a fresh pallet until "sometime" this week. :mad: So back home to continue my quest to empty two kegs by next week. Followed by the David Hasselhoff Roast :D

Latest posts

Back