Thoughts on a QUIET Fridge/Freezer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daddyo

Reaction score
We have a small house, and the only place I can really fit a kegerator is in the room right next to our bedroom. Now, beer next to a bedroom may seem like a bi-winning situation, but it's not really going to work out unless I can get the unit nearly silent.

I was at Home Depot this weekend and they had 20% off all floor models, and I walked away with a $450 Vissani Kegerator (Magic Chef) for $220. It works fine, but the compressor noise is so annoying, it's not going to work.

Does anyone have thoughts on a quieter solution in the same price range? Can anyone with a mini-fridge comment on noise level for the unit? Are chest freezers quieter?

Thanks for any help here.

My chest freezer is fairly quiet...but my idea of quiet might be vastly different than yours.

My GE 7.0cf chest freezer when it turns on is a slight buzzing and that's it. It only runs for about 10-15 minutes every 4-6hrs though. I love it.

I think run time is a huge "pro" for the chest freezer...seems like the insulation is so much better...

I swear we can hear the Vissani from two rooms away, and the buzz is very annoying.

Latest posts

Back