Love controller build

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yunus

Reaction score
Another love controller build. Here are the details.
Goal:
Temperature controller for a kegerator chest freezer. Must look half decent and be pretty simple.
Build time: 1 hour
Key parts: Love controller, Project box, standard wall outlet with cover, extension cord with male end. I used a computer cable because I work in IT and have a ton of them lying around.

Most of the tools and items required. In addition to whats in the picture I needed a very small flat head screw driver to clamp the wires in the love controller. Also used a utility knife to strip wires and pliers to tear apart the extension cord when needed.
DSC_0001.JPG

Cut a hole in the top of the project box that is big enough for the wall recepticle to fit in but small enough for the screw on top and bottom to still have something to mount to. Next you need to cut a hole for the love controller to go into the side of the box and drill 2 holes for the wires (extension cord and temp probe).
DSC_0002.JPG

Wire up the love controller and wall recepticle as other posts show. The wire that is on the bottom is the male end of the extension cord. The other wire is the temp probe. https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f11/love-temp-controller-series-ts-wiring-diagram-2008-a-88369/
DSC_0006.JPG

Put the box back together. That's it.
DSC_0008.JPG

Lastly, Silicon or glue the wires entering the box in place. You don't want tension on the wires as they might get pulled out.
I realize this does not go into extreme detail but this is as much for my own use next time I need to build another temp controller as it is for anyone else. Nothing in this design is original, I stole all the ideas from this board :)

I actually looked at yours online today and thought to myself, I prefer that design, I never thought of using the electrical box.

Are you going to mount yours in a collar? I was thinking about that but I think I will just put it on the side of my freezer with a magnet or something.

I put it in the electrical box with the intention of mounting it in a collar, but I also may need it temporarily for another fridge, so it's nice to have it portable.

-Joe

Back