Suggested readings for AG?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Schnitzengiggle

Reaction score
I am wanting to learn more about AG, I have read How to Brew, TCJOHB 3rd Edition, Homebrewers Companion, and I am about half way through Radical Brewing, I also have a subscription to Zymurgy and BYO, can anyone suggest any other necessary readings for AG brewing.

I am particularily interested in what grains provide what flavors, and how they interact and work with certain adjuncts.

I would appreciate any suggestions.

Also, I was planning on brewing an Ordinary Bitter for my first AG, do you think this is a good style to brew for my first AG attempt?

Based on your reading list, you ought to be good to go right now. Pull the trigger and brew a batch. I learned a lot after brewing my first, then figuring out what I needed correct or could do better next time.

Brew a style you know you like. If its ordinary bitter, then go for it. My first was Denny Conn's rye IPA.

I'm no expert but if you're looking for good amount of recipes and general info as well as alternative perspectives try reading The Brewmaster's Bible: The Gold Standard for Home Brewers by Stephen Snyder. I have it and it's a good book to read over and compare, has a good amount of recipes of many different styles and it's great for comparing processes.

I am wanting to learn more about AG, I have read How to Brew, TCJOHB 3rd Edition, Homebrewers Companion, and I am about half way through Radical Brewing, I also have a subscription to Zymurgy and BYO, can anyone suggest any other necessary readings for AG brewing.

I am particularily interested in what grains provide what flavors, and how they interact and work with certain adjuncts.

I would appreciate any suggestions.

Also, I was planning on brewing an Ordinary Bitter for my first AG, do you think this is a good style to brew for my first AG attempt?

Designing Great Beers by Ray Daniels is a must read especially for AG brewing. It has helped me out tremendously. Amazon.com: Designing Great Beers: The Ultimate Guide to Brewing Classic Beer Styles (9780937381502): Ray Daniels: Books

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back