Quick disconnect for gas line

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewing Clamper

Reaction score
I currently keep my co2 tank (20#) outside the kegarator. I use 1/4" braided line and I want to use a quick disconnect of some kind. I have one of those "carbonator" thingies that goes on a 2-liter bottle & carbs up anything in it. I don't want to have to go inside the kegarator every time and have the door open while I carb. I also want to get a beer gun sometime in the near future, and same issue goes. Anyway, what's the best way to set that up?

Edit: This kind of line:
3764-DSC00276.JPG

I put a wye fitting with a valve on my second secondary reg so that I can always have CO2 available outside the fridge. I use the CO2 to charge kegs, push a siphon, beer gun, etc.

You could just use a wye if you don't have the second secondary.

If you look at my kegger video you'll see that I use air compressor disconnects to make my CO2 bottle separate from the kegger. I recectly reversed it though so that the collared female is on my primary reg and the male is on the end of the hose attached to the secondary. Now I can make up any hoses that need Co2 just by putting a male disconnect on the end of it. For example, say I want to just take a single 5g corny to a party and I'm all out of 12 gram charger cartriges. I just throw a gas line into the primary with the disconnect. Good to go.

Back