Home brew store Wilmington, NC

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know about Wilmington, but since you are in New Bern Raleigh is not that bad of a drive. American Brewmaster 3021-5 Stonybrook Drive, Raleigh, NC 27604 Phone: (919) 850-0095. This LHBS is a great place. They have anything and everything you might need. If you are up to the drive Homebrew Adventures 114-E Freeland Lane, Charlotte, NC 28217
Phone: (704) 527-2337.

Lumina Winery on Gordon Rd

They have plenty of supplies and a good selection of yeast.

I am basing this from a noob prospective though.

There is a knew home brew supply coming to the area soon. It's called Wilmington Homebrew Supply. I just looked at their website and they seem to know what they are doing and have all grain demonstrations every Saturday starting soon.
http://www.wilmingtonhomebrew.com

JRSIPA said:
There is a knew home brew supply coming to the area soon. It's called Wilmington Homebrew Supply. I just looked at their website and they seem to know what they are doing and have all grain demonstrations every Saturday starting soon.
http://www.wilmingtonhomebrew.com

Awesome!!! Thanks for the info. They have a Facebook page I see too.

I just got back from Wilmington Homebrew Supply on the corner of Kerr and Wrighstville Ave. For just opening today, they had a really nice selection. I counted at least 32 varieties of hops and over 25 types of grain, both base and specialty. They even had a nice selection of grain adjuncts like rice hulls and flaked rice and wheat. They sell their grain by the ounce or pound, which is nice if your wanting a specialty grain but don't need a whole pound. They have everything for beginner to advanced brewers and can even throw an extract kit together of one of their own recipes. They stock White Labs yeast but also have plenty of dry yeast as well.

They had a handful of old soda kegs and a nice stock of carboys. They will crush grain if you need it. Check them out if you're in the area.

I joined this forum just to set the record straight about the local home brew supply stores. I have been a homebrewer for over 10 years and have been doing all grain all of those years. I have usually gone to Jacksonville for small stuff and Raleigh for rarer items or bought all my stuff on line. Until now with the opening of Wilmington Homebrew Supply I started to lose hope for the Wilmington Homebrewing Scene. I decided to give the new place a shot and stopped in with out any intention of buying a thing thinking that it was going to be similar to the other two places in town. When I got inside I could smell grain that was just milled and was taken back by the amount of equipment and supplies they had. There was a young woman who greeted me and asked if I needed help with anything and then out of the back door came John the owner. He took me out back and showed me the Belgian Trippel that he was brewing and we talked for about an hour about brewing stuff. He was one of the nicest and most knowledgeable brewers I have ever met. He showed me around the store and showed me his freezer of hops and his fridge of yeast. He understood that hops go in a freezer and yeast goes in a fridge. The other two stores don't understand these basic two principles. He had a ton of hop and yeast varieties. I was finally able to talk about homebrewing at a homebrew shop with people who knew what they were talking about. They mill grains in house with a rolling mill that does not shred the grain like a corona mill does. They also have an amazing selection of grains at great prices. A lot of there prices are better than online and I can't wait to go back and talk beer and get my next beer going. Its going to be a Spring Kolsch. If you haven't stopped in already you need to and you will see what a real homebrew store is like.

I just wanted to say a warm welcome to Wilmington Homebrew Supply. I stopped into their shop this weekend and I was blown away with their fresh inventory of all-grain goodies and their vast hop selection.

John was extremely helpful with his 1-on-1 attention in building our grain bill and recipe ingredients out, milling on site, and packaging it up nicely for our next couple brew sessions. It seemed like he had everything on my recipe list, and when I asked for a specific lambic yeast, he was able to get it ordered with a quick turn around. Any questions I had were happily and expertly answered.

You have to love any atmosphere that is so inviting as to let you sample (e.g. munch on) some of the grain before you buy. The honey malt reminds me of Grape Nuts. :p

These guys are great! If you are in or near Wilmington, NC, and you are brewing, you *must* check out WHS. :mug:

I'm in agreement with the previous 2 posts. Wilmington Homebrew Supply is great and it is just what we needed. The shop is well stocked and owned/staffed by knowledgeable homebrewers. I can finally support a local business and not have to go online to get my ingredients due to lack of local availability. This town used to run out of 2-row??? How does that happen??? I'm looking forward to giving them my business in the future.

Back