Planning a Kriek PLambic

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

solstice

Reaction score
I'd appreciate any input, just kinda threw this together.

4 Lbs Light DME
3 Lbs Wheat DME
1/2 Lb Crystal 10
1/2 Lb Castle pils
1/2 oz Hallertau
12 Lbs Cherries
WYeast 3278 Belgian Lambic Blend

I'm thinking that I'll put the cherries in primary and just forgot about the whole lot for maybe 6 months.
Do I need to change anything in this?
TIA

This will be very sweet. Thats enough fermentables for a regular batch even without the cherries. Are you going to blend this with another batch?

I've made a kriek and used 15# of cherries and 1 quart of concentrated tart cherry juice. I let mine sit in primary (w/o the cherries) for one month, then racked on the fruit. I let it sit on the fruit for about 1 year and the resulting beer was great. Not sweet because of the long exposure. I would go with what you have.

I am trying to make sour cherry ale and this link was instrumental in my brewing process. Do not put cherries into the primary! That is one thing I took away from this and all of my other readings. Put it into secondary (this is what I am doing for my 2 different recipes). I will take my chances with a wild yeast as opposed to cooking the fruit. I do not want a cooked fruit flavor. I have no clue how mine is going to turn out but I am putting all the sour cherries into secondary- I will pull some trub from the primary to activate the sugar being introduced. I am going to use a tertiary to clean it.

I'd appreciate any input, just kinda threw this together.

4 Lbs Light DME
3 Lbs Wheat DME
1/2 Lb Crystal 10
1/2 Lb Castle pils
1/2 oz Hallertau
12 Lbs Cherries
WYeast 3278 Belgian Lambic Blend

I'm thinking that I'll put the cherries in primary and just forgot about the whole lot for maybe 6 months.
Do I need to change anything in this?
TIA

Add about 6 months and you will be good. :) Also I would consider using a lot more hops, but aged ones.

Latest posts

Back