What came in the mail for you today?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just got a Raspberry Pi, a $35 computer.

Hey I got one of those too, but I got mine about a week or two ago. What do you plan on doing with it? I have mine running XBMC but its not working so well. It seems to freeze on me. I dont remember if im running OpenELEC or DarkELEC currently. The one that I'm not running seemed to work better so I think I might switch back to that.

On a related note I received my 15 gallon brewpot that was on my wedding registry!:rockin: I didnt realize how massive it would be! Im so excited to brew with it next week. Planning on Jamil's Oatmeal Stout with some cocoa added.

Drip tray for my kegorator
288 crowns
3 lbs hops (1 each of amarillo, centennial, and chinook)

Also received my 7lb reconditioned steel co2 tank yesterday, had a few strange looks going in to get it filled, but everything worked out fine.

Good to know. Thing was cheap as heck at $25, so I couldn't resist. Going to get it filled tonight.

Tri-clamp & gasket from Stout Tanks & Kettles, silicone tubing & silicone washer from Wayne @ Bargain Fittings.

Aforementioned reconditioned 7lb steel CO2 tank from Beverage Elements. Got the prescribed strange looks from Linweld, but they filled it for $16.

ForumRunner_20120629_162845.jpg

Why do images from my mobile end up sideways at times? Anyone have any input?

Better Bottle with bottom port and racking valve. Gotta try it out!!

My mash tun and a 40 litre hot water urn for my HLT. Both second hand and in great condition. I'm going to use them for my first all grain brew next weekend.

ForumRunner_20120708_131411.jpg

ForumRunner_20120708_131444.jpg

Love getting new toys/supplies in the mail. But I have to say, my favourite mail day was about two weeks ago.

Got a box in the mail with a growler, four or five beer t-shirts, a pound of gourmet coffee, fistful of coasters, beer glass, some other goodies I can't remember, score sheets, and nine medals (4G, 1S, 4B) from a competition. You can imagine my grin holding onto a big fistful of medals like that!

First 30 drawer bin box storage cabinet for my brew troller build parts. Been building up bench stock and inventory for a monster controller build in the very very close future. Just have to wait a bit to order the remaining 5 sets for the remainder of the parts I want to keep in stock and do inventory on. Hoping to recieve the final few needed parts for my brew troller in the next couple of weeks, then it will be assembly and test time fer sure.
Wheelchair Bob

Just added a new breaker panel to free up some 220V space in the garage so I can build my controller for all electric!

Got some hops for upcoming brews. The Citra and Galaxy are going in an IPA (along with Amarillo and Cascade). That should be fun.

hops.jpg

I love it when my supplies are delivered.

I got my order from Austin Homebrew!! Today's delivery was the grain bill for a kind of Yuengling clone but made as an ale, order complete with yeast and hops.
I have never brewed it before so that will be new.

Got 3 lbs of Extra Pale DME to replenish stock, and a new bottle filler.

Just like Christmas!!

My more morebeer order came in got my 2 all grain kits and weld less spigot kit.:ban:

Perlick beer faucet. One step closer to kegging setup being complete.

50 foot IC from Morebeer along with two NB kits. Now if new kettle would arrive I will be a happy man! Sad thing is I've been out of town so I only hear about arrivals from my (lovely and understanding) wife. Should have lots of new toys when I get home next week.

I got;
3oz of Citra
2oz of Williamette
2oz of Mt Hood
2oz of Hallertau
Lactic acid
Mag Sulfate
vanilla extract powder
hazelnut extract
500 bottlecaps
US 05 and US 04
foam stopper
2lbs coffee malt
3lbs Caramunich
and an empty cardboard box for storing bottles.....

Got my ebay aquarium temperature controller in the mail today. Will start cutting boards tomorrow after work, and hopefully get my new fermentation chamber at least started this weekend! Hoping to be able to fit 4x 6gal better bottles and/or 6.5gal buckets in there. Possibly my pair of 3gal better bottles as well.

I've got a mini-fridge sitting in the garage just waiting to be torn to bits as well...

Got a 1/2" by 50' copper wort chiller from NY Brew Supply to replace my plate chiller. First time ordering from them. Shipped same day as ordered, had it two days later. Well constructed. Can't wait to try it Saturday!

Love getting new toys/supplies in the mail. But I have to say, my favourite mail day was about two weeks ago.

Got a box in the mail with a growler, four or five beer t-shirts, a pound of gourmet coffee, fistful of coasters, beer glass, some other goodies I can't remember, score sheets, and nine medals (4G, 1S, 4B) from a competition. You can imagine my grin holding onto a big fistful of medals like that!

Congratulations!

13" drip tray for the fridge (wide enough to add 2 more taps), midrange hydrometer, new hose, 1/2 hose barb for sanitary pipe. I am fortunate to get yeast from a local brewpub and it is polite to show up with my own fittings already clean and sanitized. As a former pro brewer, I appreciated those who brought their own hose and fittings. Now I am back on the homebrew side.

2 L5-15 plugs. Have almost all(probably 75%) of the items needed to start assembly of the Kal electric control panel clone build.:ban:

2 L5-15 plugs. Have almost all(probably 75%) of the items needed to start assembly of the Kal electric control panel clone build.:ban:

Outstanding!
I have prepped my garage electrical and added a 220 distribution panel, as well as a new receptacle for my welder and now brew station. Next is the parts order. I brewed Wednesday night with propane and it poured rain on me for a while.

Indoor brewing is in my future!

Back