My fancy mill

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snccoulter

Reaction score
I am in the process of going all grain and order my first set of grain un-milled so i went to the local swap meet and found this. I also got a meat grinder for 40 bucks total

mill.jpg

nice drill, and the find on the mill. super nice. how does that drill work with the mill? my hitachi would seem to be too rpm and not enough torque. at least i ditched it for drilling holes in my keggle, but maybe it works well for grain..

Thanks I can switch form high speed to low speed high torque i went through my 3 keggels in about 5 min each no issues. but we shall find out if it works to power the mill this weekend... if not I am going back to the swap meet for some old power tools to hack apart. tomorrow I will be rigging my meat grinder to a poly cutting board.

Looking good ... Love the KISS approach ... What's up with your fire extinguisher?

Thanks, The fire extinguisher was given to me by my 90 year old neighbor. He was a contractor. He is slowly pairing down his hoard. So he can sell his house and move himself and his wife to an assisted living facility. His wife is 90 also. I cannot keep him off of ladders or the roof of his house. But I digress the fire extinguisher was new in the box when he gave it to me I opened it and it is older than me by a few months. Placed in the box 1974. It still has pressure and is in the green. I am thinking about discharging it and making a hear ex-changer out of it. I figure I can punch a couple of holes in it slowly thread a coiled copper pipe in it then weld a couple of hose fittings on it. Wallah I have a heat
ex-changer.

Looking forward to starting the brew day around noon. My middle child has a T-Ball game at 10 then I get some propane and start up the process. Fun fun. I think i will grind up some meat for burgers while the mash is mashing...

Back