All brett c bottling

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pipapat

Reaction score
So my all brett beer has been in the carboy for about 3 months.
Upon reading various all brett threads i am still a bit confused.

Is this beer ready too bottle?
Some have spoken of treating it like normal beer when its all brett.
Others have mentioned Russian River waits longer.

Should i prime like i normally would?
How long am i looking to carb?
I have some really nice looking Belgian bottles i would love too use.

Thanks as always gang.

How long has the gravity been steady for? An all Brett L. I have went to 1.005 in 2 weeks, its been five months and now its steady at 0.998. I'll be bottling soon, priming normally but with more sugar to get more carbonation.

What kind of corker do you have for the belgian bottles?

I did a couple 100% Brett C beers, didn't have an issue bottling after a month. Steady gravity readings are the best way to be sure it is ready though. My 100% Brett beers tend to carb up just about as fast as regular beers, but waiting 3 months you might neeed to wait a little longer.

Vinnie adds his “house” bug culture to Sanctification, which I suspect helps to prolong fermentation. He also uses Brett B and L which tend to be more aggressive than A/C. It also depends on pitching rates, aearation, nutrients, temperature etc… just like any other beer.

Hope the beer is worth the wait.

After a few months of tending to airlocks gone dry, I used a regular old stopper in my brett beer. Even after nearly a year, I have to release the pressure that's build up every few days, so CO2 production is still occurring, though very slowly. The gravity is stable, too, at least to within my ability to measure

My Gravity is sitting on .009.
Hasnt changed in 2 weeks.

I have a Bench corker thats bolted a bench.
Guess ill watch the gravity for 1 more week and if it hasnt changed i'll bottle.

I hope it turns out well too Oldsock.
If not ill let it age for longer in the bottle.

Next time i might go for a diffrent strain of brett.
I made a 5000ml starter a month prior to making this beer.
But now i have a nice huge cake of Brett and i would hate too see it wasted.

Go ahead and bottle it. Brett C as a primary yeast is not usually as voracious as Lambicus and/or Bruxellensis. I've bottled all brett-c beers that finished in the 1.018 to 1.020 range almost a year ago and they were fine. The last few bottles keep getting more complex and taste wonderful, but the carbonation isn't increasing. Be sure to definitely set some aside to try at 6+ months. In my experience that's when the yeast really starts to show its true character.

good too know.
Bottling this weekend.
It will give me a chance to free up a carboy and save the yeast cake for a second batch in a month.

The main thing to watch for is the gravity not continuing to drop, as with any beer. It sounds like yours should be safe by now, but I'd take one more reading before you set up to bottle just to be sure.

Back