Best Recipe Book

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

noisy123

Reaction score
I am looking for your best recommendation for a recipe book. I have Brewing Classic Styles and I find that when I use that book I get a good beer that is appropriate to style but not really unique. Do you have a book where every recipe you have brewed from it was unique and fantastic?

It sounds like you are looking for Radical Brewing, by Randy Mosher. I have not brewed any of the recipes from this, but it sure is a fun read. It is pretty much the anti-BCS.

+1 on Radical Brewing

It's a great book. Though it probably depends upon your personality. If your goal is to rigidly brew to style, Brewing Classic Styles is the book for you. If you view brewing as an outlet for creative expression (and willing to have some fun failures along the way), then Radical Brewing is probably the way to go.

Designing Great Beers can also be fun. It basically gives you percent-based breakdowns for classic styles, so you can just pick numbers within a range. They're not really recipes, but you can make some pretty tasty homebrew that way.

+1 for designing great beers. lots of good info and give you an idea of what you can get away while still allowing you to create your own recipes.

radical brewing will probably be my next purchase.

Back