score....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

uglygoat

Reaction score
collected over teh weekend...

5 used five gallon carboys, some old as the 1960's. thick thick glass, and one 3 gallon carboy. most are old water bottles, with raised emblems on the oustide. they are from an old cleveland ohio company, so a bit of local history now can go into my beers :)

my great aunt moved to florida, and turns out she and the old man used to make wine in the sixties. some of teh carboys still had labels on them, merlot, 1968 etc.

all in excellent shape, except for some dust.

also scored an assortment of hydro's, airlocks and drilled stopppers, as well as some thermometers.

Sounds a lot like a score I made a couple years ago. Good find! Now you need to score some plastic milk crates (the real ones, not those cheap things sold at k-mart, walmart, etc.). The crates will make them easier to handle and prevent breakage.

I'm jealous of the 3 gallon bottle. I have been looking for one of those forever.

Wayne
Bugeater Brewing Company

Back