time to play the "can you name this style by the pictures" game.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As a nutritionist I can confirm that botanically peppers are a fruit, but so are most other vegetables! :p However, we classify them as vegetables due to their nutrient content and lack of large amounts of sugars. I'll post in a few minutes after I find a good pic.

Carboy shot. It's too early in the day for me to crack one open...

Hint: this is an entirely experimental batch. There two "odd" items in it. One very common, and the other not common... Yet.

image-1627518725.jpg

Holy headspace sister... Brett Porter? Not up on my hipster brewing culture enough to guess on the upcoming ingredient

bottlebomber said:
Holy headspace sister... Brett Porter? Not up on my hipster brewing culture enough to guess on the upcoming ingredient

I didn't want to make too much... Just in case it sucks. I'm not hip either. It's really not THAT cool.

mcbethenstein said:
One part of that is right, but I'm not saying which part. :p

So it could be either 1.Bacon 2.Chocolate or 3. Porter. I think we've got it pretty narrowed down ;)

mcbethenstein said:
Yep, you did your homework searching through my posts. ;)

Haha. The fact that he tried to make it seem like he thought it up is ironically what makes it so obvious :D

I stopped discussing what beers I'm making after I discovered this thread...

Emjay your sour ale is dead in the water if you ever post it.

Anyway, I've already stolen it out of your parents basement.

bottlebomber said:
I stopped discussing what beers I'm making after I discovered this thread...

Emjay your sour ale is dead in the water if you ever post it.

Anyway, I've already stolen it out of your parents basement.

My sour ale? I have several... not sure which you're referring to.

And if you stole something from my parent's basement, it'll be a blonde ale that my little brother made. Which actually IS sour, but not by design... it's just severely infected and he's been too lazy to deal with it :D

emjay said:
My sour ale? I have several... not sure which you're referring to.

Its ok, by the time they're ready to drink nobody will remember this little interchange..

@the edit, don't tell me your packing sour ale barrels with you around the Canadian country side...

TBH my first guess was actually a Chocolate Raspberry Stout. But I could tell from the trub that it was definitely a chocolate stout. But, after typing it I decided to do a little sleuthing. I mean just from the picture how could you tell it was a malted milk chocolate stout? lol... :) I would def try that recipe too!

I'll get a pic up soon.

bottlebomber said:
@the edit, don't tell me your packing sour ale barrels with you around the Canadian country side...

I have 1 barrel, but there's nothing in it right now except for a bit of rum, and the beer I intend to put in it isn't a sour.

But yeah, I took all my stuff with me.

stamandster said:
TBH my first guess was actually a Chocolate Raspberry Stout. But I could tell from the trub that it was definitely a chocolate stout. But, after typing it I decided to do a little sleuthing. I mean just from the picture how could you tell it was a malted milk chocolate stout? lol... :) I would def try that recipe too!

I'll get a pic up soon.

I was gonna give hints about the malted milk part of it soon if you hadn't got it.

Now if this turns out good there will be chocolate (insert fruit here) stouts coming out of that basic recipe. I love the idea of a raspberry truffle stout..... The chocolate type of truffle of course.

I have 1 barrel, but there's nothing in it right now except for a bit of rum, and the beer I intend to put in it isn't a sour.

But yeah, I took all my stuff with me.

you lazy jerk. get that darn beer in there already. :rolleyes:

Back