Dry sorghum extract?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dorklord

Reaction score
According to Briess's website, they make a dry sorghum extract in addition to the syrup...I'm just wondering if anyone has seen it, used it, etc. I was just thinking it might be handy to have a bag or ten of it around.

I've asked at the places I've found the syrup, and they kind of stare at me and cock their heads, just like my dog does when he doesn't know what I'm asking him to do.

PS: My first batch got bottled this weekend! I'm (un)patiently awaiting carbonation now. Of course, this means that I have an (actually 2) empty carboy, just waiting for me to transfer my second GF batch into. Of course, that means I need more ingredients, which is what prompted this post...

I've never seen it or even heard of it before. I suppose you could send Briess an email and find out what the minimum order is.

On their website, it says they only sell through distributors, and to contact a distributor.

I'll check in with the LHS, maybe convince him to call his supplier and ask. I mean, they do list on their site, they say they've got rice syrup solids (which the LHS has), white sorghum syrup, and white sorghum syrup solids.

I saw that on there site a few months ago and somehow convinced myself that it was a dream.

Back