Cafe Express User

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IrregularPulse

Hobby Collector
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I have a question to those of you who use the Cafe Express website for Swag.

Do you all just use it for your brewing logo swag or are you constantly adding new graphics?

How much money are you actually making on it and is it worth it? And are there any hidden charges? I wouldn't mind doing it but don't want to get stuck with any bills and not selling anything.

As I understand it, Cafe press is like 'On Demand.' They only print what is ordered by customers, so therefore, you aren't going to get stuck with a case of thongs with your brewery logo on them. I opened a cafe press account a few years ago because I had a funny idea for a tshirt and I wanted just one. That was like five years ago so I don't know if things have changed or not.

YOU DID ASK THAT QUESTION!

is it worth it

.........I replied that the hats suck ass.
They look nice on the website but you get it in person and it looks like it was rubber stamped

I meant the money, but thanks. Not so much is the gear worth the money.

I wouldn't do it really expecting to make any money off of it. The only money you would lose it whatever you buy of your own merchandise though.

I will say in addition to the hats, the t-shirts kind of suck too. They printed a logo for a company I was with and it wound up being way too light and the wrong color. Coffee mugs aren't half bad, though.

I have a friend who runs a cafe press site based on his blog: Left Coast Hockey League -- liberal hockey gear He has sold quite a bit of stuff because he has a catchy slogan ("more hockey less war"). You aren't going to pay rent with it, but maybe buy some grain now and then.

I don't really have a brew-gear context - but I know olllllo and KiltedBrewer both have shops, maybe they can chime in?

I have a friend who runs a cafe press site based on his blog: Left Coast Hockey League -- liberal hockey gear He has sold quite a bit of stuff because he has a catchy slogan ("more hockey less war"). You aren't going to pay rent with it, but maybe buy some grain now and then.

I don't really have a brew-gear context - but I know olllllo and KiltedBrewer both have shops, maybe they can chime in?

Thats more what I was wondering. But the occasional sack of grain or piece of equipment. I just wanted to make sure there wasn't any hidden risk of actually costing me anything. I've got two designs I think I'll put up.

I just wanted to make sure there wasn't any hidden risk of actually costing me anything.

Unless you buy your own stuff, there's no way it will cost you anything. As somebody else mentioned, it's all printed on demand. Cafe Press has a base price for every item and then you add whatever you want on top of that. Cafe Press keeps the base price and you keep whatever's left. If you only charge the base price, you make no money and you lose no money. If you charge the base price + $5, you get the $5 from each sale and there's still no way you can lose money.

Zazzle does something similar, but their base price includes a 10% royalty that the seller gets. If you want more than 10%, you enter that and zazzle raises the price accordingly so they still get their same base amount.

Back