Re-Capping Bottles?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

macabra11

Reaction score
So I have a couple beers I want to enter in a local competition here this summer. The problem is they want all beers to have no labels and all the caps have to be solid silver or gold color. Well I wish I would have known that when I brewed my beer 6 months ago! They have other colored caps on them, and I want to know if it is possible to quickly pop them off and replace them with caps of the appropriate color (sanitized of course). Can this be done? I have too many other kinds of beer I want/need to brew for the summer - so I don't want to be re-brewing stouts and browns now. Please advise. :confused:

No matter how quick you are, you are going to lose a significant amount of carbonation which will change the taste of the beer. I would opt for the spray paint route.

Tom

Painting won't work. I already asked about that and they said that they want all of the submitted beers to look identical, so a painted cap would stick out like a sore thumb. I think I will do a test with a bottle, wait a week and see what happens.

Back