Kettle question for Brinkman turkey fryer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BonzoAPD

Reaction score
I have a Brinkman turkey fryer and it came with a 30qt kettle. Are there any 40qt kettles that will fit on this burner that you can recommend?

I have a similar Brinkman burner that came with a 30 qt kettle. I can fit a 36 qt kettle on the burner just fine. Anything 14" in diameter or smaller should be fine.

I took my 10 gallon Blichmann kettle to my friends for a brew and he had the Brinkman burner. We had to set a couple of hex nuts over the safety switch on the burner so it would depress the switch with the kettle on it (since it wouldn't fit inside the ring on the burner) and that worked like a charm.

mcbaumannerb said:
I took my 10 gallon Blichmann kettle to my friends for a brew and he had the Brinkman burner. We had to set a couple of hex nuts over the safety switch on the burner so it would depress the switch with the kettle on it (since it wouldn't fit inside the ring on the burner) and that worked like a charm.

What size hex nuts did you use?

I have had this fryer for a couple years and have done a couple things to help my brew day go much easier now that I am using a 10 gallon Bayou Classic brew kettle....first, I took the two connectors that go to the safety switch and wired them together. Next I got a zip tie, and strapped it from the gas in line to the burner to the red button that has to be pushed while lighting.

However, every time you have to cut the burner off and re-light it you will have to remove the zip tie, let the red button come out, depress the button again, light, and re-secure the zip tie to get full gas pressure. I know I may get some backlash for bypassing every safety they built into this thing, but I am not claiming to be a professional, nor do I play one on TV...

image.jpg

jrgtr42 said:
I use the 33qt Graniteware on my Brinkman - of course I had to jury-rig the "safety" switch so it wouldn't keep going off on me.

What did you do?

What I did, is I bought a new orifice and screwed it directly into a regulator and hose, and ran that to the burner. Now I can use any pot with my burner. The safety switch and timer that was on my turkey fryer, was such a PITA that it was well worth ditching them for a simpler setup.

On a side note, I just bought a high pressure regulator and needle valve, and what a difference. Getting a boil going is so much faster and I can get a full rolling boil that I had trouble with before.

I went the route of replacing the burner hose and bypassing the safety feature also...actually removed the whole safety assembly. Just connected the new Brinkmann hose to the burner directly. Works perfectly now with any pot.

Back