Mounting Beer Faucet to Wall

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ilikebeer

Reaction score
Yes, this question does not pertain to brewing beer or dispensing it :) but I am quite befuddled as to how I can mount around 10 beer faucets and tap handles to a wall for display purposes without purshasing $10-15 shanks for each faucet. I believe the size of the large part of the faucet measures 7/8" but I don't know what the thread size is.

Any ideas on how this could be done? I was thinking of finding 7/8" bolts and drilling them into a wood board from the back side so the thread sticks out from the wall. Then I would use a hex nut to connect both the faucet and bolt together. This does seem problematic though. Ahh someone help!

No direct experience with that, but if the prject is too overwhelming, you can send me a few of those faucets to make it easier on yourself!

Looks like the thread pitch is 14/inch. Another alternative is to mount short pieces of dowel sized to match the splines.

david_42 said:
Looks like the thread pitch is 14/inch. Another alternative is to mount short pieces of dowel sized to match the splines.

Yeah that may work too. Probably not much stability but it still could work

Most hardware stores have a thread sizing board in the store that has various bolt and nut sizes sticking out of it. Take in your faucet, size her up and get the proper bolt. You may get lucky and find some all thread stock with the proper thread size. One of those in a 4' length ought to be enough to mount them all.

Back