Beer perv

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timduncan200021

Reaction score
Hi im TimDuncan200021 and I'm a beer perv. Lol I am on my 3rd beer ever and my second in my new 5 gallon setup. The belgian witbier has the blowoff and is 72 hours in and the other is my belgian tripel at 7 1/2 days. I just can't help but wake up in the morning and check on them. I don't open them just sit and watch for a lil bit lol. I'm guessing this is quite common. [ame]http://youtu.be/IJakyRuKnfI[/ame]

I only have my first one gallon "get my feet wet amber ale" going (5gal batch assembled, ready to brew), and I watch it..often. I fed it a little honey (heated/diluted/cooled) last night..the yeast seem pleased with my humble offering.

I've been brewing for at least 13 years and I still love to watch and listen to the happy bubbling of fermenting beer. I know others that have been doing it longer...

Its hard not to look. If it wasnt for the narrow opening, I might primary in a glass carboy just so I could see whats going on. The happy bubbling is...well, happy! I spent way too long the other night reading all 102 pages of the "Post Your Infection" thread......um, thats enough to make me want to tear the lid off my bucket after 96 hours in primary.....but, gotta stay strong...gotta stay strong. Time to go pour a beer!

I'd be put on Megan's list if being a beer perv was against the law! I'm always spying on those things!

Maybe it's time to change out the sanitizer in that mug with the blowoff. I would get a larger container like a water pitcher, mix up some fresh sanitizer, and shift the blowoff tube to the new sanitizer, just for a cleaner operation. It's a pet peeve of mine to keep things as clean as possible in all my brewing operations.

Back