Blah, some coffee grounds in my keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

libeerty

Reaction score
I brewed an Iced Coffee Ale (basically an amber with some strong coffee flavor, may even experiment adding a little milk to it, anyways...) using coffee, but some of the grounds must have found their way from the secondary to the keg. I probably should have used a grain bag or cheese cloth, but thought they were all gone. Not a crazy amount of grounds, but even one or two in a pint annoys me.

Do we think these will settle, and only affect the first couple pours? (I've only poured a couple 2 oz. glasses to try it as it carbs up.) Or might this be a problem throughout? If the consensus is the latter, I will probably transfer from one keg to another, using something to separate the grounds out. But if I can RDWHAHB and avoid transferring for obvious reasons, then I will.

Thanks all.

When drinking coffee any grounds or other sediment usually settle to the bottom of the cup, so I'd say if you don't bump the keg you should be fine after a couple pours. I'd wait to see if it's a problem (wait for it to carb up then pour a few pints) before transferring.

Back