Hard Tea

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

icetea

Reaction score
I have been brewing for many years now and prefer a dark brown ale or a stout most of the time but I also like a good ice tea. Does anyone have a recipe for a hard tea like Twisted tea or Mikes hard tea.
Thanks

Thanks for the info I thought it might be this easy but wasnt sure. I will give it a try soon.

Thanks for the info I thought it might be this easy but wasnt sure. I will give it a try soon.

a couple booths down from where i was pouring at the GABF there was a pub that had a Green Tea ale. It was pretty good, your post reminded me of it!
I'm going to have to whip up a summer batch of that!

experiment! I'd start with a light ale or lager and infuse your tea for 5 min just before flameout

I used tea for a chai beer once... its been so long I do not remember what the base was, some sort of ale. It turned out really well.

I order tea from speacialteas.com, as they have a great selection of fantastic tea. The only way I am affiliated with them is as a rabid consumer of tea.

I am going to have to do another tea beer.

Back