Military brewer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
STG2(SW) stationed in San Diego! The home of Amazing microbrews! Oh yeah my home brew too!!

former STG3 here!

magazine someone left on the ship with an article on homebrewing, made me want to do it. (still have the article)

after I got out, I got a couple batches in before I had to move in to a smaller place with the new wife, who didn't drink beer plus didn't have room for equipment

18 years later, different wife who loves beer, got a dog, a bigger place and all my equipment under one roof again, so I'm 3 batches back in and loving it

AD Army here. Stationed at Ft. Benning, GA...but going reserves later this year back to good ol' Minnesota!

Hey nice to see so many fellow soldiers here.. Canadian Forces, stationed in Bagotville, Quebec

Great thread! Army vet here... Ex heavy combat engineer. My First sergeant in fort Richardson Alaska was the person who introduced me to home brewing beer. Back in the "be all you can be Army" haha!!!

Airforce here was in from 1989-1993. Thank you to all that joined, served and are serving now.:mug::ban:

Army, stationed at FT Bliss. Brewing is a great hobby. My wife doesn't complain about how much I spend, cause she loves the end results :)

Thanks to all who serve and have served.

Think I am the first Coastie to post here
Coast Guard 1977 to 1983 BM1 multiple small boat stations on the lakes and west coast

Ret Army here (med), did most of my time with the 82nd. Now in AZ. God bless all of you guys still serving!

It's great to read your posts. Former Naval Aviation, here. It was a very long time ago. My plane is gone, squadron's gone, and the razor blade I used this morning was probably made from a ship I served on. Thank you for your uniformed service, my brothers and sisters. Fond memories.

AD Army Supply Sergeant, 12 yrs in and statoned at Ft. Sill. We have a brew club that meets at the "micro brewery" on post. Any other installations have brew clubs?

It's nice to see more people coming into the thread. Thank you all for your Service and thank your families for their support!

AD Army Supply Sergeant, 12 yrs in and statoned at Ft. Sill. We have a brew club that meets at the "micro brewery" on post. Any other installations have brew clubs?

Wow... brew clubs on a base. I never heard of any here in Canada but that would be an awesome idea, provided i'm able to addict enough fellow soldiers to the hobby

I wonder how many bases have that kind of installations in the US :rockin:

We have a brew club here at Hill AFB, UT. I was prior AD Air Force. Currently full time reserves at Hill.

F16 Crew Chief now Pro Super.

Started brewing about 9 months ago. Been fun.

- Destin

Retired. Heavy equipment operator 10 1/2 years went in national guard M1A1 tank commander and Platoon Sargent.

AD AF here. Stationed at McGuire AFB NJ. We have a micro brew setup on base. Been working on getting it started for about a year now, as well as a Homebrew club. Hopefully another 6 months or so we will be serving at the club on base. If anyone passes through, stop on by. Someone should start a national veterans Homebrew club. I would join.

BrewingGunner said:
AD Navy stationed in Coronado with the SBT 12. Brewing, and drinking to the foam!

Coronado is a bit far for a weekend brew club, but the next time I get on a flat top I may look you up.

AD Navy Stationed in San Diego. I live and Brew in Point Loma at NTC military housing. Give me a shout if your interested in brewing together.

Hello from an fellow retiree, Army LTC. Homebrewed on active duty with my buddy and XO in temp quarters.....had fun.

8 yr AD AF EA stationed at Moody AFB. In 6 weeks I'll be just another college kid in central Florida. Four extract brews so far and am slowly switching to all grain.

EDIT - too many beers = too many spelling errors

pardon the question from an ignorant squid

aren't ALL marines 0311? thought that was a given

or is the MOS 0311 different from the designation "rifleman" ?

Back