AHS Double Choc Stout??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GweedoeBrew

Reaction score
South of Boston, By way of West Virginia!!
Has anyone ever made this kit (all grain or extract). I am thinking about brewing it and wondered what people thought... I am suppose to make a Chocolate Stout for a party my wife is hosting in January....cause a bunch of the "girls" in this group that are coming over love that style of beer...

Thoughts??

What are they basing their opinions off? I've never had AHS's double chocolate, and I'm sure it's good, but not all Choc. Stouts are the same.

Some use strictly chocolate malt and claim to be chocolate stouts...even though the chocolate flavor isn't noticeable to most beer drinkers.

Others use real chocolate. What beer have these girls tried that you're trying to replicate? Young's?

To my knowledge the AHS Double Chocolate Stout is pretty close to Young's Double Chocolate Stout and uses chocolate malt and cocoa powder.

Also it irritates Forrest when people change the recipe and complain that the beer didn't turn out so well. ;)

Back