American Pale Ale Summer Pale Ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm brewing this today. I know I named it "summer" pale ale, but after all the heavier darker beers that I've had this winter, a bright fresh hoppy beer sounds great to me.

I'm planning on taking a keg of this to Texas when we move to our winter quarters, around Jan 17th or so.

Yooper that's exactly why I made this 6ish weeks ago. Iv only been brewing for about 2 years but this is definitely going to be a staple at my house year round. Thanks

I took one of the kegs over to a friend's and Saturday the 6 of us drank the whole keg.

One of my friends then asked for the recipe.

I'd say that was a good sign. :ban:

Yooper,

I plan to brew this up on Wednesday and was wondering about your water. You gave the water content in the first post, and I am curious to know whether these are the numbers for the initial water (i.e. all water used for mashing/sparging has these attributes), or for the final beer (mash + sparge)?

Does that make sense? When building up my water and trying to match a profile, I generally throw all the salts needed into the mash until the pH looks OK, then the rest go into the boil (IOW, I don't treat the sparge). Just curious as to your procedures. Thanks!

Edit: I see you said "target" water - so that implies that's the end result in the kettle after mashing and sparging, correct?

Latest posts

Back