I Love This Site

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CBK

Reaction score
Brewed my 3rd batch 1 week ago today. Did some things different with this batch based on info obtained from many searches on this site. The first change was using liquid yeast and making a starter. I had krausten forming and airlock activity within 3 hours. The second change was temp control during primary fermentation. I maintained the low temp of the recomended range for the yeast used and when a slowdown of fermentation activity was observed (day 3) I allowed the temp to slowly rise to the high end of the recomended temp range. I took a hydrometer reading today after 1 week from pitching the yeast and my number was right on the money for projected FG. My plan is leave this in primary for 3 more weeks then bottle. I want to thank everyone that posts on this site for all the tips and tricks and I look forward to progessing with this hobby and stepping up to partial mash with my next brew using deathbrewers method as my situation is the same with a small apartment and electric stove.

Ditto for me. I have learned so much from this site and also aspire to try deathbrewer's partial mash. I feel like I've learned from twenty times as many mistakes with these forums and learned that I don't need all the most expensive equipment and it would be better for me (at this point) to just buy more ingredients.

I'll +1 this topic as well.

Every single question I've had I've either been able to find in the search, or have answered almost immediately by the people here. It's crazy how much I've learned here in only 3 months.

Back