Ocean spray Cranberry Pomegrante

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oogaboogachiefwalkingdeer

Reaction score
Anybody made a wine with this stuff? I bought a gallon for some top up work and man does it ever taste good. Beautiful color 100 percent juice. No way this would not make a real easy good tasting wine. Mike

You have to look in the ingredients. If it has potassium sorbate, it probably won't ferment.

It's a yeast inhibitor meaning the yeast won't multiply. It's used to stabilize wine and cider for back sweetening.

If it has ascorbic acid, that's fine. It's vitamin C. It'll add tartness.

If it doesn't have the sorbate, the try it. If that does, you may be able to get it to ferment with a really big starter. You also will need a big starter to overcome any ph issues with the acid.

My bet is about six pound sugar a little tannin nutrient and a little energizer 1118 and should erupt and end up about 12.5 dry as a bone no problem. Mike

It will ferment fine. I used the cranberry 100% juice in a Welches concentrate wine.

If you look at the ingredients, though, it's probably mostly apple and/or pear juice.

Would love to know if this has worked out to a decent wine. I just posted a thread about cranberry cocktail from ocean spray. No preservatives. Wanting to make a gallon or so. Didn't want to add sugar but wondering if I need to. Was gonna see about using concentrate like I did with apple cider

I've used Knudsens organic pure cran juice in a couple meads....made a cran cyser, and a cranberry/raspberry mel....I was under the impression that cranberry juice "cocktail" has added sugar, yes? ...or is it just sweetened with additional sweet fruit juices...because pure cranberry juice is pretty damn tart ;)

It has sugar and other juices. Tested it and it has an OG of 1.050. Not sure of an actual recipe. Was unsure if I should add sugar or just look for cranberry or grape concentrate that's preservative free to raise OG to at least 1.080

Use either suger or juice concentrate. Depending on how much flavor you want to add. Suger will not add flavor, juice will. I prefure the juice method:)

I looked again at the juice cocktail and it has beet sugar in it. Just recalling it from last night's memory but it said water, cran juice from concentrate, beet sugar/fruit sugar and vegetable juice for color. And absorbic acid.

I am making a cider from the Old Orchard variety, on sale for $0.99 a can. I would be interested to know if this would work as wine too, the ingredient list is attached.

Old Orchard Juice 1.jpg

Old Orchard Juice 2.jpg

Love me some Old Orchard concentrates! The Meijer here will put them on sale 10 for 10, and I buy piles. Great simple wines @2-3 cans per gallon, plus a little sugar. :tank:

I just finished up my wine made out of exactly what you pictured. I had my problems with being a newbie but it all turned out just Fine... Only have few bottles left. Its very good!!

Back