beer gas stout pressure

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bassistnc

Reaction score
Sorry if this has been asked before, but I was unable to find it looking through the forum. I just get my beer gas tank filled and my guinness clone will be ready in a day or two. What pressure should I used to push the beer with? I have a correct stout faucet. Thanks.

Will depend some on which beergas blend you have, the beer temp, carb level, and line length, but ~30 psi is pretty common. You'll want to carb with CO2 first (or prime to carb), and then just use the beergas to serve. I'd also suggest keeping the carb level below 2 vol.

I carbed it to 1.75 volumes with straight CO2. My local beer gas blend is a 80% CO2 and 20% N2. I'm using 6 feet of gas line with 4.5 feet of beer line. I started at 30 psi, but it was coming out a little foamier than I wanted so I dialed it down to about 25 psi. I'm sure it will require some further adjustments, but it seems to work well there for now. Thanks for the input.

Sounds like you're all set then. With beergas the pressure doesn't have nearly the same effect on the carbonation level as with pure CO2, so most people just do what you did and adjust until they like the pour. And I'm assuming the blend is actually 20% CO2, otherwise you're going to have some issues. ;)

lol. oops. Sometimes my typing is like my talking - it's news to everyone, myself included :)

Back