14 Gal Plastic Fermenter?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rack04

Reaction score
After splitting several 10 gallon batches into 2 - 6 Gallon Better Bottles I have decided to look into an inexpensive 14 Gallon plastic fermenters that will fit into my chest freezer. I'd like for it to be food grade HDPE, airtight, and large opening so that I can easily clean, i.e. no LME containters. I found this but shipping is $85. Does anyone know where to get something similar with more reasonable shipping?

Any specific reason you don't want LME containers? I was in your spot a few weeks ago and decided to get 2 15 gal LME containers from HBHQ. The are easy to fill and we'll see in a couple weeks how hard they are to clean. Just wondering if you have any negative experience with them?

jww9618 said:
Any specific reason you don't want LME containers? I was in your spot a few weeks ago and decided to get 2 15 gal LME containers from HBHQ. The are easy to fill and we'll see in a couple weeks how hard they are to clean. Just wondering if you have any negative experience with them?

Too difficult to clean and too deep to rack from. I want something shorter and a wide neck.

Back