PID options... will this work?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't see any reason that this wouldn't work. Who knows about the quality, but for $27, I don't think it's a big deal.

Just make sure you verify the model number before buying it so that you get one that actually has the SSR output on it.

PC4-N10.jpg

edit: the one that is actually pictured in the listing has a relay output and not an SSR output.
edit 2: I take that back. *some* pics are of a relay model, and other pics are of an SSR model.

Someone has to say it, as you asked for it. If it doesn't work correctly - good luck on returning it and getting your money, including shipping it back.

That's a pretty negative comment. You're assuming there will be a problem with the product and you are assuming that the company (based out of NY, been around for 10 years) will be dirt bags about the hypothetical problem.

They have a 30 day money back guarantee, and the price is low enough that you can buy 2 of them for the same price than you would spend at Auber for 1.

I would definitely buy one of these if I needed another PID. I have already recommended it to my friends here in NC locally.

The only time I actually ever recommend Auber for anything is if someone wants to build a single kettle, single PID system and needs the manual mode of operation that their PIDs offer. Other than that, I find their products overpriced.

That's a pretty negative comment. You're assuming there will be a problem with the product and you are assuming that the company (based out of NY, been around for 10 years) will be dirt bags about the hypothetical problem.

They have a 30 day money back guarantee, and the price is low enough that you can buy 2 of them for the same price than you would spend at Auber for 1.

I would definitely buy one of these if I needed another PID. I have already recommended it to my friends here in NC locally.

The only time I actually ever recommend Auber for anything is if someone wants to build a single kettle, single PID system and needs the manual mode of operation that their PIDs offer. Other than that, I find their products overpriced.

Well, you wanna know what I think - you are 100% correct !

I didn't look close enough to see that it wasn't being shipped from HK.

I still like the service from Auber and find it to be worth the $$$, but can't fault trying a US based vendor from Valley Stream. Can't wait to hear the results if OP buys one.

I'll slink back into my lair and be quiet here. :eek:

samc said:
Well, you wanna know what I think - you are 100% correct !

I didn't look close enough to see that it wasn't being shipped from HK.

I still like the service from Auber and find it to be worth the $$$, but can't fault trying a US based vendor from Valley Stream. Can't wait to hear the results if OP buys one.

I'll slink back into my lair and be quiet here. :eek:

Lol

Just did my first brew with these... the work great, I am sure i can do more with the settings but for now they seem to be working just fine!

I bought one of these too but am still waiting on my enclosure to arrive in the mail to put it all together. Time will tell on this one.

Just did my first brew with these... the work great, I am sure i can do more with the settings but for now they seem to be working just fine!

cool. good to know. a buddy of mine is about to build a RIMS toolbox and he bought one too.

Back