Refrigerating carbed beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ondovcs1

Reaction score
First, I want to apologize for posting a thread that is so similar to others, I just searched around and did not see my specific question already answered. If it already had been and I overlooked it, I apologize for being redundant. Anyway, I bottled my beer about two weeks ago and have kept it unbothered in a cool room temp basement. Should I crack a beer to see if it is done fermenting? And if it is, how do I go about refrigerating the beer that is complete?

Thanks!

3 weeks in the bottle at room temps will get you a better carbonation.
then, just toss 'em in the fridge like any other beer.

I don't necessarily put 2 cases of bottled beer in the fridge - I put in a six pack, put the rest aside (cool, dark closet for me), and chill as needed.

Should I crack a beer to see if it is done fermenting?

(hopefully it was done fermenting before you bottled?):(

Your beer should be done fermenting before you bottle it.Give it another week before you throw them in the fridge. Give it a week more in the fridge then crack one open and enjoy. As always keep a few out and forget about them.

1-2 weeks in the fridge is a must after conditioning for 3 weeks.

It is what will make your beer clearer, and carbonation will be much better.

It's probably best to leave the bottles upright in the fridge too, so that the yeast drops to the bottom instead of the side of the bottle. It should be easier to pour without getting yeast floating around in your glass that way.

I've got a nub question but don't see the need for making another thread for it. I used priming sugar (1/2 cup for 3.5 gal yield) instead of corn sugar to carb my beer. Are they one and the same, or will it make a difference??

Extract kits usually have a bag that says priming sugar (5 oz.) instead of corn sugar. I would say they are the same.

I've got a nub question but don't see the need for making another thread for it. I used priming sugar (1/2 cup for 3.5 gal yield) instead of corn sugar to carb my beer. Are they one and the same, or will it make a difference??

They are the same.

Back