Hops Direct FTW

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RedOctober

Reaction score
Item 01: 1 each HWILP1 Willamette Pellet Hops 1 lb. $ 10.50
Item 02: 1 each HCAS1 Cascade Leaf Hops 1 lb. $ 19.00
Item 03: 1 each HCEP1 Centennial Pellet Hops 1 lb. $ 20.00

48oz of hops for under 50 bucks.

I thought I'd share the info with y'all.

:off:

I haven't seen a post in 2 weeks without an IrregularPulse reply. :D

HopsDirect Rules THE WORLD! :mug:

hey you changed my picture!?

stfu.jpg

Hops direct is great. Most people find they give you more than 1 pound in each bag. I ordered 4 lbs and got almost 1/2 pound extra

They do rock.. I just got 4lbs a week ago and what makes me happier is seeing all the brew places near me charging a little over double the price. I calculated with total I got (some were over a lb by a few ounces) , the cost came to about .98c per ounce. The stores are chargeing almost 2.50/ounce.

It's good we are on a beer forum or someone might think we are buying crack.

Shipping was a bit more than I expected ($8), and it's a little annoying that you don't know the shipping price when you order, but the price is a lot cheaper than my LHBS.

I have a Cent IPA that uses 11oz, which would have cost me about $33 at my LHBS. I got it shipped for 28$, + 5 extra ounces. If you make hoppy beers, or can plan out what you are going to brew for the year, definitely the way to go.

my local HBS is still charging $4.50 an ounce AFAIK. I stopped going there long ago.

I just paid $10+ for 2 oz cascade at my local home brew shop (LHBS??? - still new to the acronyms). I suspected it was super-inflated after buying a kit at NorthernBrewer previously, which included 3 oz cascade and total with malts cost just over $30, but I'm a newbie and paid it since he's given me quite a bit of advice. Likely the first and last time I by hops there.

Back