Il Vicino, best spot to drink in New Mexico

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CircleC-Brewer

Reaction score
Il Vicino is the best brewery I've been to so far in New Mexico. The beers were excellent and the staff is extremely friendly. From the moment I walked into Il Vicino, I was made to feel very welcomed. I was given free samples of every beer on tap and Doug, a brewer at Il Vicino, gave me a tour of their brewing facility. I was also given lots of great brewing advice. I will make it a point to visit them again when I return to Albuquerque later this year.

I also visited the following breweries:

Socorro Springs - Pretty Good
Chama River - was OK
Tractor Brewing company - had a couple of good beers on tap

Circle C Brewer

IMG_1192.jpg

IMG_1188.jpg

IMG_1182.jpg

IMG_1249.jpg

Glad that you enjoyed some of the beers. Can't say that I will argue with you about Il Vicino having some of the best beers around! I've never talked to the brewers much there, did they share anything interesting with you?

I'm glad that you didn't really list Kelly's as a brewery. What they do to beer should be considered a crime, and not brewing :cross:

Did you go to the Chama restaurant, or their little tap room downtown (I think they still have that....)? Their beers have been slipping some as some of the talent has been focusing on Marble (which isn't quite up to snuff yet either).

Back