WhiteLabs Yeast - shipping

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bouza

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I placed an order on Monday hoping to brew this weekend. The order is just now ready for shipment. Unfortunately, if the box ships now it will not make it in time for the weekend (UPS doesn't deliver on Saturday)... leaving the yeast to sit in a UPS warehouse somewhere over the weekend.
Should I ask the business to hold my package (everything is already in the box -- yeast packed with ice) until Monday for shipment?
I am worried about the multiple packs of WhiteLabs yeast I've ordered.
Thanks!

In the middle of summer I would say yes. Where do you live? where does it ship from? Up north this time of year you will probably be alright. but if you are concerned probably best to have them hold it.

I'm just outside of Memphis. Pretty mild outside right now actually.
Thanks! Waiting seems like the right thing to do.

In the middle of summer I would say yes. Where do you live? where does it ship from? Up north this time of year you will probably be alright. but if you are concerned probably best to have them hold it.

It ships from San Diego, California unless they have another set of labs somewhere else in the world. I've been meaning to do a tour of that place...

No, this was an order placed with AHS.
I should have made that clear.
Thanks!

If the yeast is packed with ice, I think you're safe. I've ordered yeast from AHS before in the middle of summer. I live in the desert where we were getting temps at around 115F and I'm pretty sure my order sat at those temps for at least a day and I had no problems whatsoever with the yeasts.... still, if you can wait a day, it's probably better to be safe than sorry.

Back