Good Idea Bad Idea?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timgman

Reaction score
Can I siphon my beer (4 gallon batch) into 2 Mr beer kegs to secondary / bottle? I know that they have no true airlock. Would there be a co2 blanket there to push / keep out the harmful nasties?

I need to bottle this and wanted to clear it a bit.. Just thought this might do the trick....
timg

You can, but it'd be easier and safer to just leave it in the primary an extra week. There wouldn't be any CO2 pushing out because fermentation is complete.

I vote that you buy another caraboy. If this is a problem now, imagine how many times you may be asking the same question. You need another one...or better bottle. But I say buy another vessel. Good luck.

I have a 5 gal glass carboy. Just always strapped for time and looking for a fast way to do anything.. I do need a botling bucket though if the mr beer kek's are a bad idea...
they are easy to clean / operate though. and I have a fond place in my heart for them. hehehehe:tank:

Back