Just ordered Moravian Pale Ale special from Homebrewfinds what to expect form hops

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flipfloptan

Reaction score
The thing I love the most about homebrewing is the unknown. I just ordered the Moravian Pale ale special from AHS/Homebrew finds for $16.99

I have never had a beer with the combination of columbus and galena. The description says well balanced and a nice citrus taste.

I have never had a beer wit Galena hops.

What is in store for my tastebuds in about a month's time?

I orders this in late April (AG). I'm finally ready to brew it. How did yours turn out?

Thanks!

I'm hoping to brew this in the next few days. Has anybody made this recipe or another pale with a Moravian pilsner malt? Thanks in advance. :)

No, but I had to give props to those Galena hops. I couldnt find the AHS offering when I looked for it just now. I was going to check the grain bill vs my last pale ale with galena... no dice.

I did the Moravian Amber Ale extract kit from AHS, good brew! Lot's of flavor, good mouthfeel, great head, and nice lacing. Very nice, I also did the Kick sugar addition, so a couple made me feel all warm and fuzzy:)

CBXBob said:
I did the Moravian Amber Ale extract kit from AHS, good brew! Lot's of flavor, good mouthfeel, great head, and nice lacing. Very nice, I also did the Kick sugar addition, so a couple made me feel all warm and fuzzy:)

Thanks for the update cbxbob. I'll post some comments when I brew mine.

Well, I just mashed in. I'll post updates on this batch (all grain, biab) soon.

Well, I'm the guy that mashed in on 7/15, 11 days ago. I took a sample and it rang in at just about the right FG (1014 vs 1012 target). Wow, tastes fantastic. I can't wait to get this carbed up. Not too hoppy, easy drinking with a solid hint of pilsner malt taste plus a smidge of caramel from the ~10% crystal in the malt bill.

I like the hop flavor of the columbus/galena combo. A nice break from the piney/citrus pales you may be used to.

Here's a pic of the sample, the gravity reading is not accurate because bubble has accumulated on the hydrometer. Still the pic really captures the golden clarity of this beer.

IMG_5383.jpg

Back