Please suggest me some beer recipes using these ingredients

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

domnu_mircea

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm going to brew some beer but I'm having trouble finding some recipes that use the ingredients I can provide. Here, in Romania, this is all I can find:

Malt
weyermann pilsner
weyermann bohemian pilsner
weyermann pale ale
weyermann vienna
weyermann munich
weyermann carapils
weyermann carahell
weyermann carabelge
weyermann carared
weyermann caraamber
weyermann caramunich
weyermann caraaroma
weyermann carafa
weyermann abbey
weyermann wheat
weyermann roasted barley
brewferm chocolate 900 ebc
brewferm biscuit 50 ebc

hops
amarillo
brewers gold
cascade
challenger
east kent goldings
fuggles
hallertau mittelfruh
hallertau perle
magnum
northern brewer
saaz
styrian goldings
tettnanger

yeast
brewferm top 6 gr
brewferm blanche 12 gr
fermentis safale s-04 11,5 gr
fermentis safale us-05(56) 11,5 gr
fermentis safbrew s-33 11,5 gr
fermentis safbrew t-58 11,5 gr
fermentis safbrew wb-06 11,5 gr

Can someone help me with some recipes using these ingredients?

Thank you!

9 lb Vienna
1 lb Munich
10 oz Cara red
8 oz Cara pils

1 oz northern brewer @ 60 min
.5 oz cascade @ 15 and again at 10
Dry hop with 1 oz Amarillo for 10 days

Use us05 yeast.

That's the first thing I'd make out of that list. You've got some really good options there.

Could also Split a grain bill 5lb each of pilsner and wheat, bitter and flavor with saaz, use t-58 yeast and you got the beginning of a good Belgian wit.

Good luck. Let us know what you choose.

Thanks, I'll surely keep you guys updated.

I've searched but couldn't find some recipes that used these specific ingredients. I'm a beginner and I don't really know how to replace the ingredients to suit my options.

I guess I'll try your recipe since is the only one I got. I'll first try the one using 9 lb Vienna and 1 lb Munich.

More questions:

How is it called?
For how long should I mash?
Any indications regarding the targeted OG?

Those ingredients will get you a whole lot of different beers. What will limit you the most is yeast.

S-04 is an English ale yeast. You can use it (IMO) for english pale ales, IPAs, ESBs, stouts, and porters easily

S-05 is more of an American yeast. You can use it for all of the same.

WB-06 is used for wheat beers, but I have no experience with it.

Looks like the rest are more speciality yeasts. Hopefully someone that has experience with them will chime in soon...

It looks like you could do almost all german/belgian/british styles and a smattering of american. Do you have a request for a conversion or a style you'd like to brew that you want a recipe for?

T-58 and S-33 are nice in belgian style beers, S-05 can make decent pseudo-lager if fermented at a constant 60 degrees F.

Weyermann has a couple of recipes on their site that you might want to look at
http://www.weyermann.de/eng/hr.asp?go=rz&umenue=yes&idmenue=42&sprache=2

I guess I'll try your recipe since is the only one I got. I'll first try the one using 9 lb Vienna and 1 lb Munich.

More questions:

How is it called?
For how long should I mash?
Any indications regarding the targeted OG?

link to beercalculus.com which allows you to see gravity/IBU/SRM for brew recipies

http://hopville.com/recipe/649150/home-brew/beer-recipe

I'd call it an american pale ale, & mash at 152 for 60 min.

in fact, i may make the same brew myself soon...

It looks like you could do almost all german/belgian/british styles and a smattering of american. Do you have a request for a conversion or a style you'd like to brew that you want a recipe for?

I haven't thought about a specific style. Anything will do as long as it would be drinkable. I'm a beginner and just wanted something to brew using this specific ingredients to get me started.

I tried some kits at the beginning and my first all-grain brew was a Bavarian Hefeweizen and I guess I was expecting something else... I thought it would be something like Paulaner or Weihenstephaner Hefeweissbier. Before cooling it and getting the chill haze it tasted almost like duvel. I'm still waiting for the haze to clear up so I can drink it without getting that easty taste...

Thanks for all your answers by the way. The next weekend I'm going to try BA_from_GA's recipe and I'll let you know how it turned out.

Back